• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smart Phones Palm or Blackberry?

Another big vote for the BlackBerry Curve here. Otherwise I'd say Storm. It has the best of both worlds in the BlackBerry arena... you get the slickest email service of them all (Blackberry Internet Service), and multi-media capabilities (camera phone, video, etc.) It's also a heck of a lot lighter than any Treo.

I'm going to strongly recommend against any Palm, especially the Windows Mobile Palms. Windows Mobile is the most frustrating thing to happen to smartphones. It freezes, it's slow, it's buggy. I had the Treo 700wx and loved it for all of a month, then hated it and switched to BlackBerry. I had no idea what I was missing. I mean I would simply go to make a phone call and the phone would freeze on me and I'd have to reset it. Never once had the BlackBerry freeze on me.

iPhone's are slick and I can't argue against that, but take into consideration how good AT&T coverage is in your area. It sucks in the Philly burbs. My roommate spent about $700 to break his Verizon contract and go with the iPhone, only to say recently that he's going back to Verizon and getting a BlackBerry now.

Also a biggie downside with the iPhone is you can't view MMS messages without having to log in to a website (pics sent through text, video, etc.).

Good luck!

A lot of great info guys thanks it looks like the blackberry curve is the way I will be going. It has all the stuff I need and stuff I want rp

I think that is the best choice among the options you listed. However, I still think it is worth the (hopefully short) wait for the 9630/Niagra/Tour to come out and use your new contract credit on that instead. Or, you could scoop up the 8900 now. Depends on which network carrier you prefer. The Curve is dependable but outdated now.

Ya, there definitely some new things coming out in way of the blackberry. Do a search for crackberry and check it out, lots of info on berrys there that would help make your choice easier.

Agree with Flamchop's comment on Windows Mobile - WM6.1 is definitely an improvement, but you still run into slow performance issues when multitasking. (You can, by the way, customize it to close apps rather than minimize them; this improves performance considerably at the cost of not being able to flip back and forth).

Last but not least, check and double check your plan coverage and pricing. Plan's the greatest cost contributor, and it costs a lot of scratch to break a contract.

I love my phone and would not change it for anything I have the Blackberry Storm! But you have to switch to Verizon. Just my 2¢. Good luck with what ever you choose

I've always been behind the times on phones. I use the Motorola Q. I couldn't tell you how to do anything other than call, recieve, take pictures and play games. Never sent a text message in my life. :laugh: :(

I was a Palm Treo guy and started working on this project with these guys that had blackberrys and was on another carried. They gave me blackberry and I switched to TMobile in order to be on the same carrier and cut the cost of talking. I then ended up upgrading to the Curve from the older model they gave me. I have never really like it. Its great to get your emails in real time but I really miss all of the time and contact management functions that come with the Treo. So I am planning to switch back to a Treo now that my contract is up.

Hi

I have an iPhone and I love it. Got it in December and I'm very impressed with it so far...very userfriendly, I use it for e-mail. surf the net, blogging etc. Great phone in my opinion :)