• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoke in new car?

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
How many of you all smoke in your new car or have done so? Just got a truck and haven't been brave enough to. I smoked all the time in my previous car.

Yes. It took a couple months with the first one, and I don't do so regularly---just on road trips. If I'm going to be driving an hour or two, I always light up a cigar for the road.

~Boar

Only in the convertible. I can't stand the smell the next day when I tried it in the SUV.

Smoked in every car I've owned. Although, I have never bought a car with a future eye towards selling it. I drive em into the ground.

I would rarely smoke in the SUV with leather interior, but that was before our daughter was born. Since then I tried smoking in my car with cloth interior, it took over a week for the smell to dissipate. Now I just try to get to work early enough to have a cigar outside before having to start if I want one.

I don't smoke in the vehicles. I'm with Mike. Hate the smell the next day and the next and the next.

I'm with MM. I don't usually buy new vehicles so it may be a little different. The last two cars I purchased I brought a cigar with me so that I could properly baptize it on the way home.

I'll smoke in my car with cloth interior. I just crack the driver side window about an inch, turn the air on to blow onto the floor and try to blow the smoke towards the window. It does a really good job at sucking any smoke out. I don't think the smell hangs around too long, if at all.

I'll smoke in my car with cloth interior. I just crack the driver side window about an inch, turn the air on to blow onto the floor and try to blow the smoke towards the window. It does a really good job at sucking any smoke out. I don't think the smell hangs around too long, if at all.
What he said, and buy oziuim to spray afterward should help reduce any lingering odor. You could also use a small orange essential oils soaked bit of paper towel wadded up like an extra large spitball size squeezed into a slot in your middle area AC/Heater vents.

Both the house and cars are no smoking zone. No acceptations.

This has become the rule in our house as well.

If I ever get to the point I feel the need/desire to smoke in my car again I'll have to give this a try.

Chances are a non-smoker would tell you different.

We get nose blind to certain odors we are around all the time.

When I used to drive service trucks, you could smell cigarettes years after the last guy smoked in it. This was back in the days of vinyl seats and the tiny vent windows.

Chances are a non-smoker would tell you different.

We get nose blind to certain odors we are around all the time.

When I used to drive service trucks, you could smell cigarettes years after the last guy smoked in it. This was back in the days of vinyl seats and the tiny vent windows.

I'm sure there are odors that linger, if you're one that smokes in your car every day. That can't be hidden. If you enjoy a cigar every once in a while, I guarantee nobody would be able to tell the difference, if you take the appropriate steps.

I'm also betting that the guys who smoked in your service trucks, smoked numerous cigarettes and probably had the windows rolled up or didn't care either way, it wasn't their truck.

I'm also betting that the guys who smoked in your service trucks, smoked numerous cigarettes and probably had the windows rolled up or didn't care either way, it wasn't their truck.

Lots of truth right there.