• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking a cigar....but while it’s in your mouth

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
I know this is gonna rehash me as a newbie but I don’t care. I’ve seen some people do it and want to know if this is a common occurrence in our community and if people have advice.

I’ve tried, on many occasions, to hold a cigar in my mouth and smoke it/breathe while doing ‘certain’ things with my hands.

is there a technique to smoking a cigar in your mouth for a while and not taking it out. I usually get a nose full of smoke coming from the end of the cigar. Is there a certain area you hold it at in your mouth or breathing a certain way that you don’t get that delicious lit smoke to come fuming into your nostrils from the end of the stick? Or should I just take my panties off and get used to it?

I know this is gonna rehash me as a newbie but I don’t care. I’ve seen some people do it and want to know if this is a common occurrence in our community and if people have advice.

I’ve tried, on many occasions, to hold a cigar in my mouth and smoke it/breathe while doing ‘certain’ things with my hands.

is there a technique to smoking a cigar in your mouth for a while and not taking it out. I usually get a nose full of smoke coming from the end of the cigar. Is there a certain area you hold it at in your mouth or breathing a certain way that you don’t get that delicious lit smoke to come fuming into your nostrils from the end of the stick? Or should I just take my panties off and get used to it?
Same

Yeah, I'll never be Ahnold jumping out of the choppa while chomping a stogie. I've tried to just keep one in my mouth long enough to do something with both hands and got a combination of full inhale, a cloud of smoke in my eyes, and drool. Not very sophisticated. Hell, I still hold 'em with the tips of my fingers like a joint instead of the suave between the fingers grasp.

I can do it for a short period of time but I think allot of it comes from too many years smoking cigarettes. Retro haling for me is normal and has no impact. So I think this helps handle the smoke coming off of the end of the cigar.

i will say however that I have had more than one instance doing this that I accidentally inhaled the cigar and about killed myself. So it’s only done in very critical times when I need the use of my hands haha.

Like Steven, I only attempt the feat when I seriously need two opposable thumbs to complete a task. Like Steven, I usually end up inhaling more smoke than not, and then regretting my life choices to that point.

I don't think there's a trick to it, just movie magic.

I might hold it in my mouth for a couple of seconds but not much more than that for all the same reasons that have been stated above.

Well this is starting to make me feel better about it overall. I just thought I was lacking in skills here

I have the same problem, the only way I have gotten it to work is to treat it like a pipe and wait for it to be almost out... Then take small sips rather than a large draw. But unless I really need to, I'll either set the cigar down or whatever I need to get done will have to wait

Dam Newb!!!

I have been smoking cigars for over 25 years and I still don't understand how people do this. My Uncle used to smoke while riding his motorcycle, and I have friends that can just keep the cigar in their mouth the hole time. I just don't get it. I end up like you said by getting a nose full of smoke or inhaling at that wrong time and choking :) I just gave up.

Perhaps I can actually contribute something here. While this does not always work I have found myself in many situations not really suitable for a cigar but being to damn stubborn to put it out or determined to enjoy it anyway.

If your cigar still has a bit of length. After a draw, exhale but not all of your breath.

Then reverse puff THROUGH the cigar and finish your exhale clearing the smoke.

In this brief moment, if the wind is with you, the stars are aligned, and the cigar isn't at the burning your lips length. Gently inhale.

Repeat as needed.

@Thoughts i think the problem is you do not have the right gear to enjoy a hands free cigar. However I have done the research and found you exactly what you need. No more smoke in the eyes, or in the nose. Just hands free cigar smoking bliss!

082EDC9E-368F-4216-982A-0F80A2422CA6.png

@Thoughts i think the problem is you do not have the right gear to enjoy a hands free cigar. However I have done the research and found you exactly what you need. No more smoke in the eyes, or in the nose. Just hands free cigar smoking bliss!

View attachment 46179
I just want to know what you were searching when you came across that image?