• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Bans Continue

Some people don't use common sense..... you should not be smoking in a car or a house where a child is present... Not even if all the windows are open

Some people don't use common sense..... you should not be smoking in a car or a house where a child is present... Not even if all the windows are open
I totally agree. I've seen kids looking out the window of their car sort of dazed while their idiot of a parent smokes in the seat right in front of them.

Wilkey

I'd have to say I agree with this one. No one should be smoking with a child inside of a car, window open or not, IMO.

You guys are right, but it's just the policing that bothers me.

Give it time, soon smoking will be illegal if you are a Legal Guardian/Parent of a child. AMERICA, F*** YEAH!!!! :sign:

This ban is being enforced in Louisiana. However I have yet to talk with an officer who has wrote this ticket. I don't even have the code to write it I need to check on that.

I don't have a problem with this. I do not believe that seatbelt or motorcycle helmet laws are fair. Even though both of these things will save your life, I believe it should be up to the ADULT individual. I believe that the Government can enforce rules such as seatbelt & helmet laws until the age of 18. I, as an adult, should be able to make my own decision as to whether or not I want to wear a helmet or a seatbelt. That decision will not effect the health or well being of anybody but myself.

This law, IMO, is intended to benefit the health and well being of a minor child who cannot make any decision on his own (such as leaving the smokey environment).

Most people don't have the "sense" that God gave a lemon

I always preferred to spend that time in while driving to talk to our kids, not ignore them to smoke.

If a parent wants to give their child second hand smoke, then I am all for it. Many a time I see Mothers and Fathers walking with their kids, carrying their kids, pushing their kids in strollers with one hand, and a cigarette in the other. I had a hang up of when I was smoking outside and a parent would stroll their child within 2 inches of my cigar I would get all upset, however now I feel if the parents feel comfortable presenting their children to the dangers around them, then I am fine with giving them my second hand smoke as well. Sharing means caring.

I don't have a problem with this. I do not believe that seatbelt or motorcycle helmet laws are fair. Even though both of these things will save your life, I believe it should be up to the ADULT individual. I believe that the Government can enforce rules such as seatbelt & helmet laws until the age of 18. I, as an adult, should be able to make my own decision as to whether or not I want to wear a helmet or a seatbelt. That decision will not effect the health or well being of anybody but myself.
...I guess first you'd have to agree that second hand smoke is the serious threat that folks claim it is. There is a lot of valid questions concerning all the major studies; the EPA '92 study, the WHO study, and the Helena, MT study (often quoted by smoke ban folks). Some very interesting reading right here.

Don't get me wrong - I don't smoke in my car nor inside my house out of consideration of others. I'm just one of those folks that doesn't want the government messing around in folks' lives to that degree. I don't want that kind of oversight, and frankly I don't think it's the governments job. Maybe it should be illegal to take your under 18 kid to McDonalds more than once a month? Frankly, I don't think laws like this will have a measurable effect on the stupid folks out there that will do this anyhow. I think police have better things to do than write cigarette tickets.

Smoke bans are out of control. Locally, in Portland, they have now banned smoking outdoors in the courthouse square, and are moving on a ban on smoking in public parks. Outside. Heck, why stop there - let's just make using tobacco products completely illegal anywhere. Oh, snap.....

Be careful what you wish for, my friends - B.B.S.

If a parent wants to give their child second hand smoke, then I am all for it. Many a time I see Mothers and Fathers walking with their kids, carrying their kids, pushing their kids in strollers with one hand, and a cigarette in the other. I had a hang up of when I was smoking outside and a parent would stroll their child within 2 inches of my cigar I would get all upset, however now I feel if the parents feel comfortable presenting their children to the dangers around them, then I am fine with giving them my second hand smoke as well. Sharing means caring.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...I guess first you'd have to agree that second hand smoke is the serious threat that folks claim it is. There is a lot of valid questions concerning all the major studies; the EPA '92 study, the WHO study, and the Helena, MT study (often quoted by smoke ban folks). Some very interesting reading right here.

Makes me proud to be from Helena :whistling: .

Having a child makes it basically impossible to smoke anyways. Regardless of the accuracy of any of these studies, I'm not willing to take the risk with my little girl. Even if there aren't any long term ramifications, the immediate discomfort isn't fair to a child that has no say in it.

I too think seatbelt and helmet laws are rediculous, but I don't see this as the same thing personally.

My 2 cents.

BBS is dead on with this one. Everything has been for "The Kids" to make it more appealing. I, for one, don't subscribe to the notion that second hand smoke is as bad as the anti's want you to believe. I have read a few studies and had some of the "numbers" explained and most of it's BS. Yea, smoking is bad, so don't let your kids smoke!

You already have the music regulations. Now smoking. Soon, trans fats. Take the emotion out and and realize the government is gettin' into our personal lives WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much. And they're usin' the "Kids" to do it. Sad. Truly Sad!!

Just my opinion!

Floyd T.

Oh yea, I forgot to let y'all know. In Newport they have the McDonalds employees armed with guns and as you drive by, they car-jack you and MAKE you eat their food. Be careful out there!!! :sign:

I totally agree the government is getting way too involved, and maybe they are using the kids, I sure wouldn't put it past them. If there was a bill to ban smoking with kids in the car, I would vote against it. Whether there is a law or not, I don't smoke around my child, just my value.

I always wondered how mankind made it this far without smoking bans. ??? :rolleyes:

Good thing we've got do-gooders now! :thumbs: Just imagine the possibilities.....