• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking in the cold!

6 inches of snow and about 22 degrees. Getting ready to bundle up and go light one up myself as I shovel snow so I can get out for work tomorrow.

would agree well worth it smoking in the cold. up here around the red river in texas it has just now began to warm up. i woke up this past friday morning and it was 9 degrees, wind chill of -10. thank god it is warming up. out for my nightly smoke again.

Here in Westchester, NY it is as cold as a witches tit. Mid-20s. Normally I don't go out below 32 degrees, but decided to venture out the last two nights. Brrr. Damn cold...but not horrible if the wind isn't kicking up...

Wish I had some stars, memorable momment was me on my engagement night with my soon to be father and brother in law and his bestfriend all smoking cigars....4 shooting stars in one night, coming from the city I had never seen one let alone 4. It was down in duck, N.C. I envy you Kingantz! Waiting to hear about an offer we put on another house that has more than enough rooms for a man cave, and also a detatched 2 car garage that would definately be my man cave. Right now I bundle up and head out to the back porch!

I smoke in the Garage witha space heater. Most of the time it works, sometimes I just end it early:(

I can smoke comfortably down in to the mid teens with unit.

Link: http://www.heater-store.com/infrared_heater_dual_tank_top_71_prd1.htm

The double burner was $80 with a $25 bottle and $13 propane fill, lasted from Dec. 1 2009 till Jan 10. 2010 and I smoke for an 1 to 2 hours per week every week. I can highly recommend this unit. I got mine at a big box store.

I can smoke comfortably down in to the mid teens with unit.

Link: http://www.heater-store.com/infrared_heater_dual_tank_top_71_prd1.htm

The double burner was $80 with a $25 bottle and $13 propane fill, lasted from Dec. 1 2009 till Jan 10. 2010 and I smoke for an 1 to 2 hours per week every week. I can highly recommend this unit. I got mine at a big box store.

You smoking in a garage? what size? Is that safe for closed area? I will have my motorcycle and atleast one car in the garage so I don't want to blow myself up..lol...

I don't mind smoking outside in the cold. One can always put on enough clothes to protect against the weather. What I do mind is having a good cigar split down the middle. I assume from the dryness of the air. Anyone else ever have that happen? Is there any way to prevent it?

I would never get through the winter without my Little Buddie personal heater in my detached garage. Even when it gets below 0[sup]o[/sup], I can enjoy a smoke in relative comfort.

Shahnbuckeye, I had a discussion with the owner of my local B&M and he did say that sometimes that will happen if you smoke cigars outside during cold weather.
It may not always happen but something that is directly linked to it is the thickness of the wrapper. He then said, "Never smoke a Camacho in the cold, it will split right in half."

40 degrees here in N.Dak today! Out to the unheated garage, popped the door and am enjoying an Oliva V maduro torp as I write. Tasty!!!

I don't mind smoking outside in the cold. One can always put on enough clothes to protect against the weather. What I do mind is having a good cigar split down the middle. I assume from the dryness of the air. Anyone else ever have that happen? Is there any way to prevent it?
Run it under the faucet before you go out to smoke (just enough to lightly dampen the wrapper). I've never tried it as I don't smoke in the cold, but I remember plenty of guys here saying it works like a charm.

Derek

I too have heard of the faucet trick, also have yet to that one myself. I've also heard that maduro wrappers don't spilt as easy. Splitting is one reason I don't want to have a cigar in the cold. Living in Michigan during winter is humidor restocking time, since it's usually way to cold to venture out. Although, I have been itching for a stoogie so tonight might be the night.

Been cold as hell in Wisconsin but i still pull out the fold up chair and sit on the edge of the garage and get the funny looks from folks walking there dogs.