• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking in the house

Before my daughter was born my office was inside our house and I smoked only in my office. What I did was buy a window fan for about $30 at Wal-Mart. Yes it looks hideous from the outside but it works and you don't leave it in all the time. Pop it in, turn it on full blast blowing out, turn on the ceiling fan blowing down, and smoke. When you are done light a candle or spray some room spray and leave both fans on for about an hour or so. I did this for 5-6 years and it worked like a charm. The smoke didn't spread to the rest of my house and no one complained. Oh and I smoked 3-4 cigars a day.

If you smoke without the fan setup eventually over time the smell will seep into your walls, floors, and ceiling. Once that happens you are pretty much screwed unless you want to replace drywall and insulation.

My routine is pretty much the same as many others. Use a window fan to exhaust about 80% of the smoke. The only difference is when I'm done I close the window and run an air purifier, usually overnight. Been doing this for years and can't smell a thing.

Wish I could smoke somewhere in the house, or even the garage for that matter. Unfortunately, my wife forces me outdoors, so I just deal with the elements. With a nice stiff drink and a goose down coat, it isn't so bad out...at least not in NY. I definitely don't smoke as frequently though and do opt for the smaller vitolas. Still a little weather is not going to get in the way of me enjoying a good smoke.