• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking speed

1ppm with friends....more if in car but I find I don't enjoy it as much and vow to try to stick to smoking with friends as much as possible.

I am probably the fastest around here ??? I love, love, love when the sticks burn really hot. I draw in for about 2 seconds, hold the smoke in my mouth for about 5 seconds, exhale swlowly, and repeat. That process takes about 10 seconds, so I average 6 PPM :thumbs: I also do a lot of double-puffing to get it to the temp I like.

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
I am probably the fastest around here ??? I love, love, love when the sticks burn really hot. I draw in for about 2 seconds, hold the smoke in my mouth for about 5 seconds, exhale swlowly, and repeat. That process takes about 10 seconds, so I average 6 PPM :thumbs: I also do a lot of double-puffing to get it to the temp I like.

Cheers,
Dixie
Eeesh... Ouch.... whoa!

HOT SMOKE- COMIN' THRU! :)

I'd say I'm a little too fast at 4 PPM... but that's because everyone hates that I smoke besides Charlie so I'm always outside in the cold.

Speed is melted when smoked, not burnt... don't ask.

i take a puff.. wait about four seconds. then i realize i'm bored, and i take another one.

so around 7 or 8 maybe?

thejollyco said:
i take a puff.. wait about four seconds. then i realize i'm bored, and i take another one.
hehehe... I've done that too :)

Hey it might have been lost in the l40.net debacle but there is also an interesting theory one of our members posted about how long th enicotine takes to reach your brain and how long it takes your body to metabolize it, thereby leading to an ideal puffing rate....do a search on nicotine.

I think he said that at one puff every 90 sec you will maintain a steady level of nicotine in your blood or something like that.

Lumberg said:
Hey it might have been lost in the l40.net debacle but there is also an interesting theory one of our members posted about how long th enicotine takes to reach your brain and how long it takes your body to metabolize it, thereby leading to an ideal puffing rate....do a search on nicotine.

I think he said that at one puff every 90 sec you will maintain a steady level of nicotine in your blood or something like that.
1 puff every 90 secs? I don't think I could smoke that slowly. :(

Too impatient.

This is a post in CP that makes this site great, so I am post jumpng it to the head of the line.
I probably smoke too fast @ 4 to 5 ppm. That's why they seem sort of hot.

PuroBrat said:
Good gars need a relight after 90 secs, don't they?? ???
As Winston Churchill once said, a fine cigar needs to be lit but once. A bad cigar, nevah!

And alph I agree.

Hmm, when I puff slower (ie: 1 or 2 ppm)... my cigar tends to burn inwards and eventually needs a relight. I generally puff about 4 to 5 to get a consistant burn. Then again, it might be because my 'gars are a little on the wet side.

Someone's going to have to refresh my memory as to how the wetness or dryness effects the burn again. ???

PuroBrat said:
SMOKING SPEED? WTF I always took mine in Capsule form :p
LMAO BRO!!!!!!!

I am at about 2-3 ppm when with friends, and probably a little faster when driving!

I smoke a cigar at an average of 3 ppm....sometimes more sometimes less.
Depending on the strength of the cigar and were i am at the time.

Im at or around 3-10 a min LOL. If im enjoying talking with my friends then it's 3-5 but if all is quite then I find myself taking more.

I smoke fast enough to finish a standard Churchill in an hour when driving. Whatever that math works out to be is how fast I am.

Well, I would say for me it would be around 3ppm on average..Though it also depends on what I am smoking too so at times I find my self having to re-light

Mark