• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So uh... yeah, I got another one

moki

el Presidente
After waiting for so long for my last humidor, I couldn't bring myself to going through the harrowing waiting / delaying process again, even if the quality of the final product was stunning.

Well, due to some fortunate circumstance, an acquaintance of mine also had a humidor done by Sage @ Petrogylph Designs... but because of how long it took to get it completed, his cigar collection had already outgrown the humidor by the time it was delivered. The wife said "no way you're having two humidors" so a month after he got his custom made Koa wood humidor, he sold it... to me.

It's made of Hawaiian Koa wood (often used for instruments), and has temperature and humidity controls. It sits in my new house in the fireplace room. I like.

koa_humi1.jpg

koa_humi2.jpg

Nice set up. I am gonna upgrade soon myself. Looks like you got a good deal.

As usual Andrew, first class all the way! Very nice looking....hey, are those 858 SGs in there! ;)

Koa is very dense, hard, and in my opinion, the most beatiful wood in the world. I helped a shipmate make a roll top desk using koa in 1978. It was like $40 a board foot then - in Hawaii. This thing must have cost a fortune!

Is that a Peltier in the back?

Man that thing is gorgeous and I agree with Bruce that Koa is just about the prettiest wood you can find. I can't wait to upgrade to something like that in time.

Looks very nice Moki.

I have an ukulele made of Koa wood. It is a very striking wood indeed...

Outstanding Andrew!

My addy is in my profile, make sure you pad it up nicely :thumbs:

That's cool!

So, you put what you will be smoking today in there? ???
:sign:

Brian

Moki, what kind of wood was used for your fathers desktop? It looks amazing.

What does OP mean on the Anejo boxes?

Brian

What does OP mean on the Anejo boxes?

It means that either my handwriting sucks, or your eyesight is going... probably the former. :)

Just to be clear, the old humidor I have is not for sale (got a few PMs about it), that one is staying at my office.

Moki, what kind of wood was used for your fathers desktop? It looks amazing.

It's a burled maplewood veneer if I recall correctly.

Who would have been so bold as to PM you regarding your earlier (dare I say "old") humidor?

Who makes such a piece of beauty??? I find myself very quickly in the market for this piece.

Who would have been so bold as to PM you regarding your earlier (dare I say "old") humidor?

Who makes such a piece of beauty??? I find myself very quickly in the market for this piece.

The company that made 'em is Petroglyph Designs... it's a long and sordid story, but they aren't in business anymore. There was a thread in the Lobby yesterday that had a number of links to vendors who build humidors.

I think the OR on each box of Anejo stands for original release.

BTW, nice box of 858 SG. . .

Isn't it the high time to clean up the room? The flor is so dirty! :sign:

Ps. Nice set up :)