• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So uh... yeah, I got another one

As I fight the urge to get a glass door on my next humidor, to show off some of my favorites, I have to take notice that both of Moki's cabinets do not have glass doors, and I think he knows his stuff.

Not really, I just don't know anyone who gives a shit about cigars locally (except for my Astral-smoking friend), and I like wood grain, so I don't really have any reason for wanting to be able to see inside the humidor... and find that it's better to hide the cigars from the wife this way. :)

regarding those ORs, are they aging with the cellos on or off? :)

Stalker.

Have I seen somewhere that it's better to keep the smokes out of sunlight, or does a wood door not really make a world of difference vs. a glass door, since it's in the house and all that sunlight is being filtered out.

Have I seen somewhere that it's better to keep the smokes out of sunlight, or does a wood door not really make a world of difference vs. a glass door, since it's in the house and all that sunlight is being filtered out.

Sunlight is the enemy of just about any organic material, but if you keep your cigars stored in closed boxes, I can't imagine it could make much of a difference unless direct sunlight hits it and heats things up on a cyclical basis.

Get whatever fits best for you; I just like wood, thought there were fewer things that could go wrong, and would rather have a nice looking piece of furniture than a showcase. Different strokes...

I just like wood, <snip> and would rather have a nice looking piece of furniture than a showcase. Different strokes...
It would be a shame to have glass doors on that cabinet. With grain like that Andrew....WOW, you just cant go wrong! No way you can sit in a comfy chair and not want to look at that cabinet every 10 minutes.

I just like wood, <snip> and would rather have a nice looking piece of furniture than a showcase. Different strokes...
It would be a shame to have glass doors on that cabinet. With grain like that Andrew....WOW, you just cant go wrong! No way you can sit in a comfy chair and not want to look at that cabinet every 10 minutes.

I find myself logging on every ten minutes to look at it. Is that creepy?

Coincidentally, there is indeed a comfy chair next to it:

koa_humi_chair.jpg

Side view:

koa_humi_side.jpg

Stalker.

My first desktop had the glass in the lid. I hadn't really thought about the sunlight issue until I went to pick a stick one day and all the singles in the top tray were half original color and half "bleached out" (for lack of a better term).

My fridge (glass front) contains all boxes (even for the "loosies") and is in a closet with the door closed. I lost some good smokes to that sun damage and I was amazed at how fast it happened (a matter of just a few months!).