• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So uh... yeah.

I posted a while back about wanting to take an AF candela, maduro and natural, remove the wrapper and do this type thing to an Opus or Anejo. Never did...but I think Andrew did! He took a hole punch, scissors and pectin glue and had himself some fun!!! That's my guess...

I posted a while back about wanting to take an AF candela, maduro and natural, remove the wrapper and do this type thing to an Opus or Anejo. Never did...but I think Andrew did! He took a hole punch, scissors and pectin glue and had himself some fun!!! That's my guess...

While it would not be out of character for me to do something stupid like that, I swear that's not the case. This is how they left the rolling table in the DR.

I'd follow that other guy's advice and look into that Vitolas site you can pick up some good info there :whistling:
Thanks, Tony...I'm well aware of vitolas.net. I may be a n00b here (and a Phils fan at that!), but I'm not completely dense. ;)

Andrew just asked us all if we knew anything and posted pics w/ no info. No mention of whether or not they were Fuente made. The reason I asked was to remove any doubt I had that these were fakes made by someone to look like rare Fuente sticks. The unique band gave me pause, that's all.
No not you the other guy who mentioned Andrew's site :rolleyes:

I'd follow that other guy's advice and look into that Vitolas site you can pick up some good info there :whistling:
Thanks, Tony...I'm well aware of vitolas.net. I may be a n00b here (and a Phils fan at that!), but I'm not completely dense. ;)

Andrew just asked us all if we knew anything and posted pics w/ no info. No mention of whether or not they were Fuente made. The reason I asked was to remove any doubt I had that these were fakes made by someone to look like rare Fuente sticks. The unique band gave me pause, that's all.
No not you the other guy who mentioned Andrew's site :rolleyes:
Oh, my mistake. You replied to my post, hence my thinking it was directed at me...carry on...

While it would not be out of character for me to do something stupid like that, I swear that's not the case. This is how they left the rolling table in the DR.

I can't believe that these came from Fuente...they look so under-done. When you look at the other creations coming off the table from Fuente...they are so perfect...these look like they were done by an apprentice or something! Not to say anything bad about Fuente's creative geniuses, but these don't look up to par!

-Fetter

I can't believe that these came from Fuente...they look so under-done. When you look at the other creations coming off the table from Fuente...they are so perfect...these look like they were done by an apprentice or something! Not to say anything bad about Fuente's creative geniuses, but these don't look up to par!

-Fetter

They actually look a little "over done" to me :)

Every time I see you reply to this I think there is going to be an answer to the mystery

my first thought was that they were a special homage to golf, each has nine "holes" and if you think of a round of golf these would act like a timepiece by each hole burned as you play. just a hunch, no expert. hell i have never even smoked an opus. all the tobbaconists i have been through want like 40 bucks a stick no matter what size. i might be young but i am certainly not ignorant.

my first thought was that they were a special homage to golf, each has nine "holes" and if you think of a round of golf these would act like a timepiece by each hole burned as you play.
If you look at the hi-res pic at the top of the page, you can see that the holes are on all sides of the cigar...

How many wrappers are on each of those Vitolas? I'm assuming that each has at least 1 natural, 1 maduro, and 1 candela wrapper? I'd read, on Vitolas.net of course, that other multi-wrapped vitolas like the Chili Peppers used almost an entirely new wrapper for each layer effect, i.e., not cut strips? Is that true with these as well? I first thought musical instrument when I saw the holes, but then thought maybe a twin-towers commerative after seeing the box press and holes running down each side. Perhaps a design for the Freedom Tower?

A new navy cigar.

Can't you see the portholes?

I still cannot put a plausible name to those sticks, however, if you look closely, at the band, the inside curls at the head of each cross-line of the X are different than the outside curls. It looks like they form a complete closed link, and that there is a head of something, maybe an animal or a dragon, within the curl. Also, what appears to be a perfectly shaped heart is formed by the links and the cross lines of the X.

Any thoughts on that perspective?

Did I win?

Johnny