• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So uh... yeah.

I still cannot put a plausible name to those sticks, however, if you look closely, at the band, the inside curls at the head of each cross-line of the X are different than the outside curls. It looks like they form a complete closed link, and that there is a head of something, maybe an animal or a dragon, within the curl. Also, what appears to be a perfectly shaped heart is formed by the links and the cross lines of the X.

Any thoughts on that perspective?

Did I win?

Johnny

It's the same "X" from the Opus bands minus the 'FF' and the 'ring' that lies behind the regular Opus 'X'. The band is also the same shape with a similar border design. Other than the colors and the absence of graphics around the band, the missing 'ring' is what strikes me. Interesting.

Was the info on these cigars "leaked"? I just know that someday, we're going to read about an award being presented to a marketing/product manager working for the Fuente family.

note to add that the Beatles were marketed in a similar fashion about 40 years ago. I wonder...how do you play a DVD backwards?

Stolen from Vitolas.net

"Love and Lithography (which should give you an idea of what the final bands will look like)."

Closer???

-Fetter

Okay...I spoke with someone who's in Vegas this week concerning the bands. All I can say at this moment, is they are not what you all think. Moki, give me a call to discuss.

And Moki's right, don't focus on the cigars.

Damn this thread is more entertaining and suspenseful than C.S.I. LMAO at the first couple of posts. Maybe all of the silly decorations on the cigar are to draw your eyes away from what's really going on. Like the automakers do with prototype cars they are testing.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

The Fuentes always have a nasty habit of doing things a year or two late! :whistling:

Im Thinking the band might be for a Tenth annie Opus? Is it even ten years? I could be off base here but just a thought.

Damon

Okay...I spoke with someone who's in Vegas this week concerning the bands. All I can say at this moment, is they are not what you all think. Moki, give me a call to discuss.

Keeping us on the edge of our seats like this just isent right.

Im Thinking the band might be for a Tenth annie Opus? Is it even ten years? I could be off base here but just a thought.

Vitolas.net said:
"Fuente Opus X cigars debuted for sale in late 1995, and more widely in 1996"

I smoked a OR RDC on my birthday last year... they are awesome. :cool: :thumbs:

At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the kids at the school they founded. Why is the band so un-finished and the gold and white dots? Is that something they use when making the bands?

It's the same "X" from the Opus bands minus the 'FF' and the 'ring' that lies behind the regular Opus 'X'. The band is also the same shape with a similar border design. Other than the colors and the absence of graphics around the band, the missing 'ring' is what strikes me. Interesting.

The missing ring is striking, but I think the color change of the band to white with gold flake on the outer boundary of the X. There is no gold flake within the X itself. This could be significant. What it means, I have no idea.

The missing ring is striking, but I think the color change of the band to white with gold flake on the outer boundary of the X. There is no gold flake within the X itself. This could be significant. What it means, I have no idea.

Could this be the the beginnings of a new line for Fuente?

:cool:

Carlos Fuente Jr. on the Opus X Band said:
…So on the band you have an "O" with an "X" bursting out of it and the double "F"s at the cross of the "X." Along the bottom of the band is a series of swirling colors-reds, browns and yellows. These colors represent the elements of nature: Earth, Wind and Fire. "The combination of the soil, the climate and our passion to see this project through represent these elements," he adds.

When he first started, Fuente intended to follow the same design as the other Classic Fuente bands (Don Carlos, Hemingway, etc.). Instead he opted to simply pay tribute to this design within the new band.

The die-cut on the OpusX label is quite similar to the Classic Fuente band. "We wanted something to be uniquely different but to still carry the personality of the same family," Fuente says. "To give it its own flare we added something that has never been done on cigar bands-the bottom edge of the band is uneven, giving almost a torn appearance."

And to top things off, a gold dust effect was added to the band, giving it the feeling of luminescence.

The missing “ring” I referred to is the “O” in ‘Opus’. The fact that all of the elements that are meant to “pay tribute” to the Opus and which makes its band unique and distinctive are missing (with one obvious exception) may suggest a new line, but the fact that the X remains further suggests a relation of some sort with the Opus. The “gold dust effect’ certainly remains to give this cigar “the feeling of luminescence” as well as the ‘original’.

Marco, I don't want to call you and have you start breathing heavy in the phone again. It's embarrassing.

Moki, have you seen or heard or put your hands on (no pun intended) on a phallus shaped cigar?