• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

so we always talk about what cigars we smoke but..

JonB

we never talk about when and how we smoke them. how do you cut yours? what do you use to light it? how do you smoke it? do you drink anything with it? do you do anything while smoking? is there a certain time or occasion to smoke or do you just do it when you feel like it?

me, i only smoke when my parents and sister are out of the house. they are all hardcore anti smokers so i dont even let them know i smoke. whenever they are gone i drive to whatever smoke shop i feel like driving to. when i get home i grab my cigar, cutter, matches, laptop, and something to ash in. then i site outside by the pool and go online while listening to some chill music. usually i spend most of my time reading on here. if its nice out ill float in the pool while i smoke. i light it with matches but i need to get a good lighter. usually i will smoke to the band then put it out and finish with an ice cold dr pepper.

JonB said:
we never talk about when and how we smoke them. how do you cut yours? what do you use to light it? how do you smoke it? do you drink anything with it? do you do anything while smoking? is there a certain time or occasion to smoke or do you just do it when you feel like it?
Generally I smoke a cigar when hanging out with friends drinking, playing poker, etc. It's pretty much just whenever I feel like it... or if I've just accomplished something good, and want to relax and reward myself. ;)

I only absolutely smoke one cigar a week, thats while watching Sopranos. I also always smoke when I'm playing poker or gambling in general. Sometimes while watching sporting events (especially boxing). Other than that it's mostly when the mood hits me.. A couple of times a week. I had one last night after dinner.. Probably won't again for a few days. It's pretty random for me I guess.

Last nights smoke was a Diamond Crown Maximus Maddie Robusto, picked up at the Birds Of A Feather Box Pass/Herf Saturday night.

I pounched it and lit it with my Colibri. I sat on the front porch and sipped a couple of glasses of Fonseca Port (10year old tawney) and watched the thunder storms roll through the Hocking Valley before sitting down with the family for a fish dinner.

Same plan for tonight since it is going to storm again, but the drink of choice will be a couple of shots of Woodford Reserve (love this sh!t). Will probably be smoking a Romeo y Julieta EL 03 Hermosa.

Just about everytime I get in the car I smoke a cigar.

I always use a punch cutter and light it with a Zippo an NO the Zippo fluid DOES NOT ruin the taste of the cigar (another urban ledgend bites the dust :D )

In the morning with the paper and a cuppa on the front porch. In the evening just before bed. Almost always with a punch (now that I've discovered how nicely this works), and lit with a butane torch.

Sometimes at midday if the mood seems to fit. :D

I smoke one on the drive home from work every day. I cut but sometimes punch and use a generic butane lighter I got on ebay....something like 50 of them for $13 delivered. I usually don't drink while smoking unless I'm playing cards.

I usually smoke one in the afternoon after lunch and sometimes one after dinner.
Sometimes i'll have a Six Grapes port with one but most of the time i smoke with no drink. :)

I usually smoke at night while I am reading but now that the nice weather seems to have finally reached Western NY I will be outside smoking quite a bit now. Always use a 2 bladed cutter and a cheap butane torch. I have several of each in stategic locations so I am never without one.

I usually smoke a cigar whenever I feel like it. This often comes in the evening w/ a nice, strong beer out on the patio. I've also been known to light up while washing the car or doing lawn work.

I light w/ wooden matches. Sometimes I punch and sometimes I clip. Just depends on the mood.

I mostly smoke in the evenings after a hard days work. Its nice to sit out on the front porch now that the weather is shaping up here in MI. Nothing beats a good robusto and a killians. I use a two bladed cutter and one of the many cheap torch lighters that I seem to lose very easily.
On Saturday mornings, its great to fire up a stick and listen to Bob Baur's Outdoor World (show about hunting/fishing/ etc..), then around noon of course the General for Smoke This!
Great way to start out a weekend! I pretty much only smoke at home, or with my cigar buds at a local sports bar usually one night a week. Every once and a while I get out to the golf course and then have one at the 19th with a beer or two. :love:

I think the most important thing is to be able to enjoy it and savor the moment. I dont get the chance to smoke while working, and I like to give the cigar my full attention, corny or not!
JV

weather is shaping up here in MI

Where at? I'm from Dequindre (btwn 8 and 9) in the Metro area (on the Warren side of the Detroit border - lived next to the filming site for 8-Mile)

Me - I usually smoke TDY with the guys and sip on whatever local drink happens to fit (Mekong in Thailand, Soju in Korea, Tanduay in the PI etc...) Here in Oki I'll have the occasional evening cigar after work while I read, sometimes I use the commute home for a Robusto - especially if it's a bad day and I'm facing rush hour. The 10 minute drive becomes 40 and I stay less tense in Japnese traffic if I can focus on the cigar instead of idiots on the roads.

-K-

Treamayne said:
weather is shaping up here in MI

Where at? I'm from Dequindre (btwn 8 and 9) in the Metro area (on the Warren side of the Detroit border - lived next to the filming site for 8-Mile)

-K-
I am right down the road from there at 11 Mile and Gratiot!
Next time you are back in town, look me up and we can get a little herf together!
Weather is getting nice here, a little rainy today and they had some flash floods in Wayne county, but other than that it's nice. Going to hit 85 today I think.
JV :D

camaroon4me said:
Next time you are back in town, look me up and we can get a little herf together!
Weather is getting nice here, a little rainy today and they had some flash floods in Wayne county, but other than that it's nice. Going to hit 85 today I think.
I expect to be TDY to FL in July / August time frame and plan to go to Detroit either before or after the trip while I'm in the states. I'll let you know when I'm coming to town

-K-

Treamayne said:
camaroon4me said:
I expect to be TDY to FL in July / August time frame and plan to go to Detroit either before or after the trip while I'm in the states. I'll let you know when I'm coming to town

-K-
Sounds great, enjoy Florida! :)
JV

I smoke about 5 a week...I usually smoke them when out at clubs or bars... i always have one in the afternoon on saturdays if suring the net....if its a fun night out I may smoke two a night. In summer i will lay outside and sun with a good smoke too.

usually scotch or port are my drinks od choice with a cigar.

I smoke about 2 a day. I work for a pool service during the day and smoke while I work or to and from a job. At night I work in a grocery shipping warehouse, no supervisors, only a certain amount of work to get done. Once I'm done I get about an hour and a half a night to just sit outside and smoke while getting paid. I can't leave so what else to do. Cheapies at work.
At home its usually just a free time thing weekends whenever or if a friend is around. I like to sit in the dark and watch the lil' neighborhood with a good smoke. Got a neighbor outback who has a nice pool and a huge deck, but I can't compete with his drinking. Quality smokes on my time.
Other than that just anytime will do. Double blade clipper and a Firebird jet lighter and I'm set.

I usually smoke in the evenings after supper. On the weekends I'll have a rum and coke with my smoke. On week days I'll have a cold Pepsi with it. Always clip my cigar.

A little triva for anyone interested. Ever wonder why caffeine is put in soft drinks? It cleans the taste buds so the flavor of the drink is more pronounced. Seems to reason that a caffeinated drink is best to drink with a cigar to bring the full flavor of the smoke IMHO. Guess all those years working for Coca Cola weren't a total waste. Guess I learned a few things.

Whilst in college I would smoke about 5 a week out on the 2nd story porch of the dive slum house I lived it. I would sip "cooking scotch" (any single malt beginning with "glen") :p while unwinding with friends.

My wife makes a huge deal about the smell of my cigars now; it's quite a display. I now smoke on trips and on nights I am going to stay up after her AND shower before getting near her. Quite a PItA, but she's worth it most of the time. I also smoke with HER family at family functions with the In-Laws, etc. The father-in-law and I just picked up 60 sticks for 10 of us to share during a week vacation in the Gulf the last week of June. I have had cigars on the mind since making that purchase and that is why I joined some Cigar forums. I am thinking about taking up smoking whilst mowing the lawn, since I have to shower before going near her after that as well..

I will usually punch, straight cut, or bite my 'gars; I have never tried a V-Cut or a pin pierce.

I like to drink good single malt scotch or bourbon with my cigars but have also been known to drink SoCo or beer with them. I rarely smoke without some form of alcohol present; but I can't figure out how I will drink, smoke, and mow - so I may soon start smoking sans-booze. :)

Matt