• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So whatever happened with the free iPod deal?

Lumberg

Opus Lover
I saw a post that alluded to it.

I'll admit, I thought it was a pretty silly idea, and I secretly hoped it would not pan out. But hey if a few people got some free stuff out of it I'd like to know. I dont' mind being proved wrong.

I'm sure Leebo & SamClemmons will have a blast with this one, but hey - you asked.

For the free stuff...
I have already received my 17" LCD flat panel monitor - I'm absolutely loving it. Thank you to everyone that helped.
I just recently (within the last couple of days) finally got my 5th completed referral for the iPod, I'm awaiting account approval for that.
I'm also signed up with a free digital camera deal, I also just completed my requirements for that one and am awaiting final approval.
I completed my requirements for an XBox, but opted for the cash option, I'm expecting my $200 check in 4-6 weeks.

I am currently looking for more referrals for the following deals:
Free Palm Pilot
Free Gaming System
Free Sound Dock for your iPod
Free iPod or other MP3 player

Thanks again to everyone that signed up. I appreciate all of your help. And Lumberg, thanks for asking what was happening with it! :p

Dave ;)

Dave, at this point saying you received this stuff and proving it are two different things. Short of actual pictures with the documentation papers showing you receiving this for free IMO is at best suspect. If you did receive something congrats. Too bad the people down the line of this scheme will never be rewarded for all their work in helping you get yours.

Before anyone gets all bent out of shape I have never had a horse in this "for Free" crap race....... just have never believed it to be true much less worth the amount of time involved to follow all the rules and then cancel all the programs you had to sign up for. It is a chain letter type of deal where "if" they are actually sending anything at all, eventually, it will fail since you will run out of people. Call it what you want.

Allofus123 said:
Dave, at this point saying you received this stuff and proving it are two different things. Short of actual pictures with the documentation papers showing you receiving this for free IMO is at best suspect. If you did receive something congrats. Too bad the people down the line of this scheme will never be rewarded for all their work in helping you get yours.

Before anyone gets all bent out of shape I have never had a horse in this "for Free" crap race....... just have never believed it to be true much less worth the amount of time involved to follow all the rules and then cancel all the programs you had to sign up for. It is a chain letter type of deal where "if" they are actually sending anything at all, eventually, it will fail since you will run out of people. Call it what you want.
Kenny,

These programs do work. A local TV network's "scam finders" team did a piece on the news recently and they did receive the free ipod.

The program providers pay the freeIpod people for the advertising. Although I am not doing these offers, they do work.

I must say this approach to advertising beats the hell out of Spam.

The guys in front of me at work here in the office are trying to figure out how to work the freeipod deal the best. I bet if they are lucky one of them will get the free ipod because the referrals are hard to do without being an arsehole. :thumbs:

Perhaps you could be good at getting the free things afterall! :sign:

Matt

txmatt said:
I bet if they are lucky one of them will get the free ipod........
I'm not sure luck has anything to do with it..... apparently, if they are sending this stuff then it becomes a follow the rules exactly to the letter and impose on your friends to sign up for things they never would have signed up for in the first place. I suppose if you are about serving yourself and to hell with whoever gets hit in the aftermath then this program just might be your cup of tea.

My point really wasn't as much about if a few people actually receives anything. In order for this scheme to work the first few layers have to reap the rewards. That in itself is the bait to convince others that it works. Do the math and eventially the lower levels run out of resources (referrals)

Slice it and dice it however you want...... a lot of people will get screwed.

For those of you still in school take this scheme to your math teacher and allow them to explain it to you.

I don’t know, if anyone is getting ripped off by Dave, then they should take it up with him themselves.

I agree that the math eventually runs out. But, people make decisions, for the most part, based upon the immediate situation at hand. Now, small consumable items have their place, but most do not see the hassle outweighing the prize.

Now, for other things, the dynamics change.

Here's an example of an MLM dynamic: Amway/Quixtar.

The math eventually runs out too. But, even after all of the bad press and jokes about the Amway/Quixtar business, there is still a statistically significant number of people in the candidate pool. I have been pitched on Amway/Quixtar probably 20 times. And only 2 people presented it in a manner that makes the most sense.

Did I get in? Well, yeah. Have I worked the model so that I may reap the rewards that are spoken of? No. Does it mean it doesn't work. No. It means I have not applied the proper time and energy to make it work. Am I active. Sort of. We order laundry soap and tooth paste and stuff, but for the most part I signed up and got involved on an emotinal whim. I made sure I got in so that when (not if), I finally get my ass in gear, my 'upline' is full of people that have made it work.

I am a dead spot in a very active and successful Diamond's business. He and his wife are only 2 people away. My sponsor (soon to be Diamonds themselves) were sponsored by him. I get a percentage check every month from Quixtar from the 2 successful families I sponsored 8 years ago. It would be a hell of a lot bigger if I would just get it in gear, but I am just not at a point in my life yet that has made that a priority.

So, yes the math runs out. But, people's situations change with time and they then cycle back into the candidate category. So, it is all what you make it to be.

And no, I'm not trying to solicit anyone for my Amway/Quixtar business. Just using that example to illustrate the point that MLM does work. It just has to 1) have a proven system for success; & 2) have a motivated participant to make it work.

Simple, just like life.

M. Gipson

I see Kenny's point. But keep in mind, there are people out there willing to sign up as referrals. People are born every day. Personally, if I wanted something I'd buy it. It just seems to be too much of a hassle for me (personally) to get referrals. But if someone wants to take the time to do it, more power to them. The referee obviously knows what he's getting into, and if they agree, then there's nothing wrong with it. It's just not my cup of tea.

I for one hate rebates. I'm sick of buying crap at high prices and never receiving the rebate for it. If you actually take the time to go through all the hoops, you're still not gauranteed to receive your rebate. This in my opinion is the biggest scam going on. I wish the lawyers would stop with all the frivolous lawsuites and aim their enegery towards big business which takes advantage of us, the consumer. Rebates are the biggest scam, I don't care what anyone says. It's a bitch to complete, and when you don't get it, corporate america doesn't give a $hit.

BTW, Quixstar is a joke, all your doing is making the big corporation even richer. If I wanted to take all that time and engery promoting a business, I sure as hell wouldn't promote someone else's...

SFG75 said:
I don’t know, if anyone is getting ripped off by Dave, then they should take it up with him themselves.
Can I ask you why you posted the above? Did someone on this thread mention anything about Dave ripping people off? :lookup: Come on.... lets read and comprehend whats being said before posting please. This has been a very civil thread about the process of a chain letter or as some say MLM.

Gawntrail - good post and amway is prob a good subject to use. Now I have nothing against amway or anyone involved with it. As you said they have many successful people. I thought I also heard you say that in order for it to work they had to have many unsuccessful people (or people that don't follow thru). My question is how could it work if everyone participates?

I know for every situation there will be someone who says it worked for them but I'm talking about the system itself. Everyone can not win. You have to rely on many people failing. The only way to succeed is to bring more people into the system..... everyone can not be successful.

Rod said:
I for one hate rebates. I'm sick of buying crap at high prices and never receiving the rebate for it. If you actually take the time to go through all the hoops, you're still not gauranteed to receive your rebate. This in my opinion is the biggest scam going on.
Couldn't agree with you more...... that is a thread in itself.

Allofus123 said:
SFG75 said:
Can I ask you why you posted the above? Did someone on this thread mention anything about Dave ripping people off? :lookup: Come on.... lets read and comprehend whats being said before posting please. This has been a very civil thread about the process of a chain letter or as some say MLM.

Gawntrail - good post and amway is prob a good subject to use. Now I have nothing against amway or anyone involved with it. As you said they have many successful people. I thought I also heard you say that in order for it to work they had to have many unsuccessful people (or people that don't follow thru). My question is how could it work if everyone participates?

I know for every situation there will be someone who says it worked for them but I'm talking about the system itself. Everyone can not win. You have to rely on many people failing. The only way to succeed is to bring more people into the system..... everyone can not be successful.
I'm not sure I said 'unsuccessful'. Yes, MLMs work because of quantity. But, individual success in an MLM happens because of quality.

Here's a quick example.

'A' goes out and pitches every Tom, Dick, and Harry he sees. He sponsors people into his MLM, but in the long run is not successful.

'B' takes the time to understand how the successful people in the MLM became that way and duplicates their efforts. 'B' pitches less people, but has a higher participation rate, thus more successful.

By qualifying your leads, and taking time to fully understand 1) what it is; 2) how it works; and 3) how to explain it to others, you are now working smarter not harder.

Most MLMs are sold as a one call close opportunity because they play on the emotions of the candidate. The real successful MLMs cator to the intelect and common sense of the candidate. Whether the candidate takes advantage of the opportunity is a reflection of their current situation, not the opportunity's validity.

That is why people cycle back into the candidate pool. Their situation changes thus the factors that effect decisions change.

Just my .02.

M. Gipson

Rod said:
BTW, Quixstar is a joke, all your doing is making the big corporation even richer. If I wanted to take all that time and engery promoting a business, I sure as hell wouldn't promote someone else's...
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I appreciate yours. Your personal experience has led you to this. Fair enough.

Now, if someone you trusted and respected showed you how they made it work for them..........would it still be a joke....or would it simply be something you are not willing or able to take advantage of?

And last I knew, the Quixtar opportunity was not a business promotion opportunity, it is a business building opportunity. And not Quixtar's either.......yours.

So by your own thinking you are a strong candidate for the Quixtar opportunity. :)

M. Gipson

gawntrail said:
Now, if someone you trusted and respected showed you how they made it work for them..........would it still be a joke....or would it simply be something you are not willing or able to take advantage of?
If someone I trusted and respected showed me how become successful with Quixstar, then yes I would definately be willing to give it a try. Two things turned me off to Quixstar: 1.) The people I've met who tried it haven't had the most success, however that could simply be because they didn't follow plan B. 2.) The start up fee and yearly dues. Not really a big deal, but if Quixstar is benefitting from any sales I produce, I would think they wouldn't charge any fees.

These just seems to be a new variation of the Ponzi Pyramid scheme.

Rod said:
gawntrail said:
If someone I trusted and respected showed me how become successful with Quixstar, then yes I would definately be willing to give it a try. Two things turned me off to Quixstar: 1.) The people I've met who tried it haven't had the most success, however that could simply be because they didn't follow plan B. 2.) The start up fee and yearly dues. Not really a big deal, but if Quixstar is benefitting from any sales I produce, I would think they wouldn't charge any fees.
They do charge a yearly fee. This is because they do most of the work. And it is the only way to keep it a private enterprise. Thus protecting the business opportunity from being poluted by unsavory individuals looking for something for nothing. There are also other tax issues and things I can't recall right now. But, it is basically for the protection of the opportunity.

And like most good things, they can become tainted by the way it was delivered or whom did the delivering.

M. Gipson