• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So what's been going on in the word of Oliva lately?

If you have any release events planned for Afghanistan, I'm so there!! :sign: :D

Love to help out on the new releases too :) . I've always been a fan of and smoke large gage cigars but none(don't suppose there are any?) that large. Very willing to try them though! :thumbs:

Dan

Those look like the Serie V Bullets from a few months back. Same rollers? They do look yum! Where & when is the Texas Event?

Thanks for sharing the info here Ian. I'll try to search some of these out after they are released and let you know what I think.

Are these fatties that have just been cut down? or are they rolled at 4x66 ?

These are by NO MEANS cigars that have been cut down. There is a certain part of the leaf that is cut out and used specifically for this cigar. The pictures of the cigars posted in this thread were all rolled as a 4x66, by hand without a mold. Obviously now that the molds are in they are easier to roll, but the ones pictured were rolled from scratch with no molds.

EDITED DUE TO MY BAD SPELLING

Fantastic. Another cigar first that won't come to Australia. :sign:

I wasn't going to get into this, but this idea looks really lame. Oliva already has fantastic, traditional vitolas and I've always though highly of them for it. I just don't understand why they'd waste their time on this seemingly trendy BS.

Ian,

I know it's really short notice but you should contact Stogieman about the Quad State HERF III happen this Feb 23 and see if you could get a couple of box's out to him for the HERF. 85 Forum smokers from a few boards. If they live up to what being said that would get word of mouth really going for them.

DG

Ian,

I know it's really short notice but you should contact Stogieman about the Quad State HERF III happen this Feb 23 and see if you could get a couple of box's out to him for the HERF. 85 Forum smokers from a few boards. If they live up to what being said that would get word of mouth really going for them.

DG

Unfortunately that is too short of notice. The only box that I even have is the one that I got at the launch presentation and I know Sam doesn't have much more than that. If it was 3-4 weeks later there may have been something I could do, but given the timing my hands are tied.

Ian, they look interesting, and I look forward to sitting around the shop enjoying a Nub.

I wasn't going to get into this, but this idea looks really lame. Oliva already has fantastic, traditional vitolas and I've always though highly of them for it. I just don't understand why they'd waste their time on this seemingly trendy BS.

You may have a valid point Martin. Although, I don't think Fatties are considered trendy anymore. The trend seems to be going more toward thinner RG's IMHO.
Respectfully, I say........... Don't knock it until you have tried it.

Thats what I'm talkin about!!..........66g Nub.....seems like it would feel funny smoking it ;) but what the hell, like the first cigar I ever tried, they just keep getting better and better......oh and a Texas date and location would be awesome :thumbs: !!

-fhs

Thats what I'm talkin about!!..........66g Nub.....seems like it would feel funny smoking it ;) but what the hell, like the first cigar I ever tried, they just keep getting better and better......oh and a Texas date and location would be awesome :thumbs: !!

-fhs

x2 (aim for Dallas! :D)

You may have a valid point Martin. Although, I don't think Fatties are considered trendy anymore. The trend seems to be going more toward thinner RG's IMHO.
Respectfully, I say........... Don't knock it until you have tried it.

The trend lies with the majority of consumers, and most consumers will opt for the big fat cigars. Don't let the connoisseurs on this site fool you into thinking that lanceros and lonsdales are the wave of the future. Does the Petite Edmundo vitola ring a bell?

Hell, I'm gonna knock it. I was waiting for Master Blends IV...

Ian, when will we know when these will be commercially availabe and from whom?

Ian,

DG

Unfortunately that is too short of notice. The only box that I even have is the one that I got at the launch presentation and I know Sam doesn't have much more than that. If it was 3-4 weeks later there may have been something I could do, but given the timing my hands are tied.

How about the CP HERF on May 24th? Or will they be released by then?

Just for the record their site is up and running... www.nubcigars.com

They also have a forum but I think it would be considered bad form to post that on here.

From the early reviews these cigars are shaping up to be winners!