• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SoCal/LA Visit--Feb. 7th-9th

BigMacFU

Tornado of Teeth
Reaction score
New Date Chosen: Friday Night Guys!!! That's the 8th. Still at the Doubletree Hotel in Monrovia Link

I look forward to meeting everybody. If anybody wants to hang out on another night, let me know.

I'm going to the west coast dirty jerz, anybody want to make some sweeter smells than the smog with some stogies?

I'm getting into town on the night of the 6th and returning the 10th. Anybody want to hang out any of the nights in between? I don't know where I'm staying yet, but I've got a rental car. I'm presenting a paper at a conference at Azuza Pacific at their main campus, so I'll be around there during the days. My nights are open as of now though.

Let me know.

I'd be game for a herf but since we got banished from Matt Dennys I'm not sure where. If the "Herf Master" Rod can find us a place you can count me in. :cool:

If there is a Herf I am there, maybe we can look at the weather forecast and do the Hilton. Or maybe the Silk Lounge in Alhambra where they appreciate the Cigar smoker and welcome their $$$$.

Oh, and BTW F*CK Matt Denny's again.... :D

I've stepped down as the "Herf Master". :rolleyes:

Silk Lounge would probably be the best bet. If it's just 10 people or less, Glendale Hilton works great. There's always Outback...

Let me know what you guys decide. :thumbs:

if we're gonna have it Silk, we need to call ahead if we want to sit at the booths (they are heated).

It get's busy towards the end of the week...Thursday might be okay.

And normally, there's a table/bottle fee...but the owner told me as long as people spend $15 per person (3 beers) he's cool.

That Silk place sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure which night will work best, but I'm pretty sure if it's late enough, any night will work. I figure there'll be some kind of dinner or something the 1st night of the conference, but I don't have enough details yet. Is Silk fairly close to Azusa?

That Silk place sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure which night will work best, but I'm pretty sure if it's late enough, any night will work. I figure there'll be some kind of dinner or something the 1st night of the conference, but I don't have enough details yet. Is Silk fairly close to Azusa?
It's about 15-20 minutes without traffic. Just let us know when and I'm sure we'll get a group together to herf with you.

I found a new place tonight! This kicks Matt Denny's ass, plus, there are cabana's! :)

Here's the new place where we can herf:

Doubletree Hotel in Monrovia. It's right down the street from Matt Denny's, on Huntington Drive. If you take the 210, exit Huntington Dr, and proceed straight off the offramp right into the Doubletree parking lot. Parking is out front, tons of it, and it's free. In the same lot as the Claim Jumper restaurant.

When you walk into the Doubletree (newly remodeled, looks really cool), proceed straight back to the pool/bar area. You can buy drinks, and take them right outside to the pool lounge, where there are heaters, tables and cabanas. Very cool atmosphere. This is the newest hidden spot for herfing. Staff is very nice.

Here's their site: http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hot...fornia/index.do

I think you guys are really going to like this place - it's by far the best local herf spot I've been to (aside from Club Caribe).

Rod
PS - After finding this place tonight, I immediately thought of this clip from Revenge of the Nerds - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1ElZLU0bg

i'm down with trying this new place out, thanks for the suggestion rod.

As of right now, let's plan on the 7th, if anything changes (probably won't), I'll let you guys know. Time though is still up in the air. I'm figuring around 7 or 8 though (for me at least).

For those who the 7th is bad, depending on schedule, I'm sure I can find an excuse to meet with BOTL's again to light up.