• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Software/Apps For Cigar Tracking?

I like digging through the humidor, as opposed to digging through a spreadsheet, trying to figure out what to smoke next.

I use the band or a blank band, to label age or gift/from whom so I don't forget.

There would definitely be a white owl badge to earn. Come on mobile app guys, get on this. :)

bfreebern said:
I like digging through the humidor, as opposed to digging through a spreadsheet, trying to figure out what to smoke next.

Maybe if you're under 50 that's fun.... :laugh:

Yeah, I like digging thru also. I feel like it's good karma. I have a shelve on top I keep smokes ready to be smoked and then I dig thru the boxes to find which ones I want to put in the ready to smoke tray.
Yeah, I like digging thru also. I feel like it's good karma. I have a shelve on top I keep smokes ready to be smoked and then I dig thru the boxes to find which ones I want to put in the ready to smoke tray.

I've got two ready to smoke boxes to look through. One cubans, one non.

Even so, about half the time I go to the spreadsheet to select.

Much of the time, something pops into my head and that is what I want to smoke.

Now, if I would just update the spreadsheet when I smoke them :rolleyes:  Been so long I can't remember when I updated the spreadsheet when taking one out.

Hell, I do good to update it when they come in.

personal User said:
 Been so long I can't remember when I updated the spreadsheet when taking one out.

For me, that's the discipline that turns cigar smoking from something relaxing & enjoyable into a chore.

I admire you guys that can keep a manual or electonic running inventory and approach it as something not akin to work!  :thumbs:

^^^^

What he said!

Using a spreadsheet is as easy as making this post.

Gotta admit that I don't do it religiously, and rarely update when I smoke. Not very disciplined with it.

But, it's great for keeping up with how long something has been around and easier to scan the list that to start pulling boxes out and going thru them.

Might seem like work to you, but it seems a hell of a lot easier to me.

I did the rummage around thing, and that seemed like work to me. Haven't written stuff on paper slips and taped it to the cello. Seems like too much work.

Open up the spreadsheet and scan? Nothing to it. Add cigars as they come in? Nothing to it.

You guys are acting like the spreadsheet or an ap is work, the reason I am doing it is it's the easiest, and quickest for me.

But, to each his own. :laugh:

New stuff goes in the Cooler
Stuff to smoke is in the large desktop
Top tray is what I pull from
Middle/bottom tray are used to fill the top tray

when the desk top gets low, I grab from the cooler, no method to the maddness....just smoke what I grab.

Tim

personal User said:
Using a spreadsheet is as easy as making this post.

Gotta admit that I don't do it religiously, and rarely update when I smoke. Not very disciplined with it.

But, it's great for keeping up with how long something has been around and easier to scan the list that to start pulling boxes out and going thru them.

Might seem like work to you, but it seems a hell of a lot easier to me.

I did the rummage around thing, and that seemed like work to me. Haven't written stuff on paper slips and taped it to the cello. Seems like too much work.

Open up the spreadsheet and scan? Nothing to it. Add cigars as they come in? Nothing to it.

You guys are acting like the spreadsheet or an ap is work, the reason I am doing it is it's the easiest, and quickest for me.

But, to each his own. :laugh:

Like I said..."For me..."  ;)

Gary, take out 5 or 10 at a time, update the Spreadsheet for those 10, then put them in your smoke now box. 
Or, you can videotape each trip to the Aristocrat, for future reference.
Or, you can only buy 5 cigars at a time, and screw the inventory,
Or, you can tell me to shut up...;-)

Talked to my programming buddy about software and machine readable labels. He says it would be quite a task. I.e., if we wanted to preassign all the data. That said, I have been looking at some inventory control options online. Something that you enter your own data, and it randomly generates a patterned label. Never know!

Old thread revived!! I have been talking about doing a cigar inventory for quite a while and actually have been doing pen and paper lately. How many guys keep track of their inventory with an app or spreadsheet? I know @CigSid has made a lot of us a lot more aware of box codes and such which makes inventory more important. I also enjoy the thrill of the hunt to see what I have. But with that said I found myself wondering if I have sent X person Y cigar yet... Or I wanted to follow up with Y person once I smoke a cigar they gifted me. I am just curious what everyone uses, I use to have decent web development skills where I could make something for myself but those days have since passed.. So before I start my spreadsheet I thought I would see what everyone is doing these days.

Maybe CP needs an inventory program so when I send @H. Vachon a Gurkah I can select him and transfer that to his humidor online :)

Here's my method.....as I stated earlier in the thread;
- Buy good stuff
- Smoke it
- When you can see the walls of the cabinet, buy more good stuff...... :cool:

Truth is I can pretty much remember what's in there.....which is surprising, all things considered.

My problem is my memory sucks. I think I would use this mainly for the CC to keep up with the box codes, year, etc etc. I would be interested if anyone uses an app or just a paper placed on the side of their humidor to write down the good ones (that’s what I used to use).

My problem is my memory sucks. I think I would use this mainly for the CC to keep up with the box codes, year, etc etc. I would be interested if anyone uses an app or just a paper placed on the side of their humidor to write down the good ones (that’s what I used to use).
I did this for years... keeping an excel sheet, which humidor has what... then I got too busy lazy...

‘Cigar Scanner’ is an app I started using. It’s great for tracking inventory and taste notes all in one place. You can also ad notes for who sent it or what box code. Never found anything I didn’t really like about the app. But much like Bill, I got rather ‘busy’ as of late, so I stopped meeting up. The only thing I record now are cigar gifted to me so I can send the proper thanks to the proper BOTL.

As I said earlier, I do write the "humi date" and where the cigars came from on the bottom of the box. I try to leave CC's alone for at least a couple years. I put long term aging in the bottom of the humi, stuff that's coming along on a higher shelf, "ready to go" stuff at the shelf that's about eye level, and the "holy crap I can't believe you got a box of those" stuff on the top shelf....😀

Surprises me how well I remember what's in there, though I do have a "oh, forgot about those" moment every once in a while.

I am a little envious of people with amazing spreadsheets and apps that show them every stick they have in storage. I know how to do it, but.....I've never been motivated sufficiently to get that meticulous with my smokes. One crabby guy's opinion......:cool:

CigSid Said

'I did this for years... keeping an excel sheet, which humidor has what... then I got too busy lazy... "

Same here.

Years ago I was diligent, then slowly less so, now I rarely check the spreadsheet and then only if somethings been around for years.

The problem is not so much entering them when you buy a box or someone sends you something, the problem is when I smoke something I don't bother to enter it. So after a few years it becomes more historical interest that anything.