• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SoloCigars.com - SCAM ALERT!

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
As the owner of CP, it's my responsibility to only accept reputable sponsors. We have had this one particular "company", aka scammer, emailing us asking to advertise on CP. We did a little research on him and found out he is a major scammer. He has spammed many cigar forums. He claims to be based out of Costa Rica, and his name is "Andrey". He goes by the alias "cigarman1550" when posting online. Do a Google search on that name, and you'll see how many places this guy has spam'd.

In any case, he has emailed several times asking to advertise at CP. Just in case you see one of his ad's pop up at another forum/site, beware!

Their site is http://www.solocigars.com - prices are way too low to be real.

As the owner of CP, it's my responsibility to only accept reputable sponsors. We have had this one particular "company", aka scammer, emailing us asking to advertise on CP. We did a little research on him and found out he is a major scammer. He has spammed many cigar forums. He claims to be based out of Costa Rica, and his name is "Andrey". He goes by the alias "cigarman1550" when posting online. Do a Google search on that name, and you'll see how many places this guy has spam'd.

In any case, he has emailed several times asking to advertise at CP. Just in case you see one of his ad's pop up at another forum/site, beware!

Thanks for the heads up, Rod!! Happy New Year!

Thanks for the heads up, Rod!! Happy New Year!

X2

Wow thanks Rod. I wonder how many people get ripped off by this guy

This asswipe looks strangely familiar...... :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember hidilgaohabanos? :laugh:

That was where they said that the company president is a pilot which is how they save on shipping. :D

This asswipe looks strangely familiar...... :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember hidilgaohabanos? :laugh:

That was where they said that the company president is a pilot which is how they save on shipping. :D

:0 That's funny stuff!!!

Psst, hey CC, you got the phone #?
??? ;) ???

Thanks Rod, not sure how comfortable I would be dealing with a guy like this. All of his testimonials are from a short span in '05 very shady themselves??? You figure he would want to post recent testimonials to motivate potenial victims, oh I mean customers.

So, what are you trying to say, Rod? When I see a box of Sublimes for $280, I should be weary? :rolleyes:

And hey, it says right there on the site that they are an "Approved Dealer for Habanos".....

ALostTexan

...CoRo's for $140.00 a box.... :laugh: Betcha he could get you a great deal on a Rolex, too.... :laugh:

Thanks, Rod - B.B.S.

Thanks Rod......Just a point of info.........After reviewing the mentioned cigar site....I noticed that every cigar box that you can find on the site on the top lid has a halogram.......An international Habanos dealer would not have Halograms at all........These boxes can only be found in Cuba.........I have seen these fake boxes many times.......A Dealer friend of mine in the cigar business took a chance and bought some of these exact boxes from Costa Rica.........All fake.........All with halograms....Too bad the warrenty labels are not clear enough to see..........Ive seen them on my friends boxes and they are clear counterfits.....As soon as you see halograms run.........Many people think that this authenticates Habanos........It is true only in cuba........The only other way to see a haligram on a authentic box is if someone bought it in Cuba and returned home with it........

Thanks for the due dilligence!

Plus, these guys still email me asking to become a sponsor. Not to mention, they send out a TON of spam email.