• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

...some bad news

chewbacco

darkside looks appealing...
A fellow worker/friend just passed away from complications due to lung cancer.
Had a heart attack and then went into a coma.
He was only 45 or so.

Not sure how long he's been INHALING cigars...it did major damage.
I knew he was a cigar smoker, but didn't know that he INHALED.

I just started to get to know the guy (knew his wife first).

Anyway, a warning to those of you who inhale...don't do it!

:( My condolences to your friend. You give good advice.

I suppose you'd get used to inhaling cigar smoke, but everytime I do it causes a serious hacking fit, watery eyes, etc. I used to smoke cigarettes, and cigar smoke is way more harsh on the lungs.

:( sucks to hear about things like this. My condolances man. It's always sad to hear about someone dying that young from something like that.

Very sorry to hear, thank you for the info on inhaling. I will have a smoke soon in remembrance of your friend because I know he would want that.

Thanks for all the kind responses.

I see his wife from time to time...she's handling it quite well, or so people tell me. I have yet to sit down and talk with her.

I was planning to give him some smokes I got recently...just to thank him for getting me involved with cigars. Good thing I held-off.

Sorry to hear that, Darrick. When you do sit down with her, let her knew that all of us are wishing her well.

-Fetter

Sorry for the sad news. Prayers sent your way. Hang in there buddy.

Very sorry to hear this. Inhaling cigar smoke is quite different than puffing on a cigar indeed.

I am very sorry to hear that.

Yikes, that is food for thought. I don't inhale, but it stands to reason that if it can do that to your lungs, it can do something similar to you mouth tongue, lips, nasal cavity, upper throat, etc...

Prayers and Good thoughts sent to you and his family.

My sincerest prayers and good intentions to your friend and his immediate family and friends.

With prayers,
Darren :(