• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some New Fake Arrivals!

The Vendor has agreed to fully refund me upon return of the fakes however I hesitate to ship them on fear of getting into some legal trouble. I have done some reading online regarding Customs and its not good. I am afraid I may have just made a $600 mistake. Thanks to all who posted, I hope NONE of you get burned this way!

Could you write REFUSED <link... on the package and give it back to your carrier with tracking back to it's origin? Is it Registered Mail, insured, or Certified Mail?

If it's something that was delivered to US, they might just pass it through, since it's theoretically the same package that came in.

I guess it just depends on you financial situation as to whether or not it's worth the risk.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Brother. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

The Vendor has agreed to fully refund me upon return of the fakes however I hesitate to ship them on fear of getting into some legal trouble. I have done some reading online regarding Customs and its not good. I am afraid I may have just made a $600 mistake. Thanks to all who posted, I hope NONE of you get burned this way!

OK...who is the vendor?

Did we determine these to be fake?

The big question is what did the vendor say about these being fakes.

Gary, PM incoming.

Well said, wonder what the justification is for lack of quality control.

Well said, wonder what the justification is for lack of quality control.

Sometimes boxes are shipped out of a central warehouse(wholesaler), so a vendor may never see the boxes.

That is not in defense of the vendor, just a statement.

As for QC...it's a friggin' Cuban product...who knows, the bands could be legit.
The ones on CA (afficionado) appear as if the are the ones on the left!!!!
Go figure.

I will be glad to add a few pictures of the box and codes shortly, the vendor is not interested in getting in a spitting match with me, he is being very quick to offer a refund upon return. As for determining if these are fakes, the bands on the series D are clearly fakes, I have smoked enough of these and have done enough research online to see clearly that these are not genuine. The CoRo's that I got look to be authentic but honestly after being positive on the Partagas I have little faith that they are real. Pics to follow shortly.

This vendor opens each box to inspect it before shipping! BS!!

The one on CA looks similar in color but has all the periods the one on the left is missing. Could the Cuban printer have been hungover that day? Yeah of course but it's definitely odd that they are missing on his band.

The one on CA looks similar in color but has all the periods the one on the left is missing. Could the Cuban printer have been hungover that day? Yeah of course but it's definitely odd that they are missing on his band.

That's what is odd...all the 'dots' are missing.

Juddster...did you smoke one? Does it appear to be authentic, aside from the band?

I havent smoked one yet but the band is missing the dots along with the color is a lighter shade and the gold bands around the label are much closer then the authentic, also the cigar shade is much lighter then any other series D I have ever seen! Pictures loading up now.

IMG_0092.jpg
IMG_0093.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0090.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg

Has anyone confirmed that these are fake?

We are working on it.

From the photos...what's with the cert. sticker being put on like that....havn't seen that one yet.

Juddster - any photo of the foot?

Thanks.

...also, on the PSD box...how is it 'joined'?

I will be glad to add a few pictures of the box and codes shortly, the vendor is not interested in getting in a spitting match with me, he is being very quick to offer a refund upon return. As for determining if these are fakes, the bands on the series D are clearly fakes, I have smoked enough of these and have done enough research online to see clearly that these are not genuine. The CoRo's that I got look to be authentic but honestly after being positive on the Partagas I have little faith that they are real. Pics to follow shortly.

Let me say this again. You need to verify that there hasn't been a band change with 09 box codes before proclaiming them fakes. We've seen band changes before and each time there were people who questioned the authenticity of their boxes. I myself have not seen new bands, but the best thing to do would be to check with another vendor and see if they have a box with the same box code and have them check the bands. That will confirm it. I smoke more PSD4s than any other cigar and if I received this from a trusted vendor, I would certainly question the vendor, but I would also confirm it with other vendors before claiming fakes.

The box is dove tailed, it looks like the real thing except the stamps are put on strange, I will take a foot pic now. J

IMG_0096.jpg
IMG_0097.jpg

Thanks, I did check with two vendors neither had any knowledge of a band change.

Let me say this again. You need to verify that there hasn't been a band change with 09 box codes before proclaiming them fakes. We've seen band changes before and each time there were people who questioned the authenticity of their boxes. I myself have not seen new bands, but the best thing to do would be to check with another vendor and see if they have a box with the same box code and have them check the bands. That will confirm it. I smoke more PSD4s than any other cigar and if I received this from a trusted vendor, I would certainly question the vendor, but I would also confirm it with other vendors before claiming fakes.

I have a 10 count box of the PSD4. The box code is TUG AGO 09. The bands look more like the ones on the left(the possible fakes). The bands are exactly the same as yours pictured on the left except after the number 4 there is a dot. That is the only difference. I have smoked one and have little doubt that they are real. Mine also came from a vendor here just not the same vendor. I gifted one to a member that may know more than I do about them. I will PM that member and see if he wants to chime in.

Edit to add the box I got the wrappers are darker.

From the photos...what's with the cert. sticker being put on like that....havn't seen that one yet.

Never seen one torn off by hand like that; only cut off with a clean razor cut from gray market vendors who do not what the serial number to be tracked back to their supplier.

Has anyone confirmed that these are fake?

We are working on it.

Juddster - any photo of the foot?

Thanks.

...also, on the PSD box...how is it 'joined'?

The cert. sticker is also the same on my box of PSD4 plus a 09 box of H. Upmann 46. Looks the same the vendor keeps the hologram part of the sticker on but cuts off the barcode part on the opposite side of the cert.

Final update- Thanks to all that chimed in on this! The Vendor has agreed to fully credit me for the purchase, Rod has been "The Man" in getting involved to help me resolve this situation and is really a great guy for all his help. The vendor is acting responsibly and fairly and may even get a chance for future business from me based on his actions. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Final update- Thanks to all that chimed in on this! The Vendor has agreed to fully credit me for the purchase, Rod has been "The Man" in getting involved to help me resolve this situation and is really a great guy for all his help. The vendor is acting responsibly and fairly and may even get a chance for future business from me based on his actions. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Great.....but are they FAKE!

;)

Yes the D4's are fake however I believe the CoRo's to be real and the Montes as well.

Yes the D4's are fake however I believe the CoRo's to be real and the Montes as well.

Do you believe them to be fakes or have they been proven to be fakes? If your saying it is because of the band then there are other vendors selling fakes also. I just ask because my bands are the same style as yours except for the dot after the No 4 and I do not think they are fake at all. Different vendor but also a trusted vendor.

Do you believe them to be fakes or have they been proven to be fakes? If your saying it is because of the band then there are other vendors selling fakes also. I just ask because my bands are the same style as yours except for the dot after the No 4 and I do not think they are fake at all. Different vendor but also a trusted vendor.

The band is missing the dots, there is NO explanation for that, its possible to have printing variations in bands and color variations of cigar but according to the vendor in question he has never seen a legit box with the dots missing either. I also checked with two others, neither one has seen it like that either.

The band is missing the dots, there is NO explanation for that, its possible to have printing variations in bands and color variations of cigar but according to the vendor in question he has never seen a legit box with the dots missing either. I also checked with two others, neither one has seen it like that either.

That is very strange I agree. I do have the dots in all 3 places(yours only seem to have 1 dot)but the band is just like your not the old style. I am happy it worked out for you. :thumbs:

If you wanted to ship them back to the vendor, it would be around $35 via USPS International and they would arrive there in about 5-7 days

A friend of mine just did this and he had delivery confirmation the whole time

JAT

Bart