• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some thoughts on ‘thoughts’

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
As some of you may have noticed, @Thoughts is very fond of his AFs. I had never tried any from their line so I figured who better to ask recommendations? Not only did I get a list of recommendations, two days later a package lands at my door.

Inside I found a great spread of Fuentes to sample! He didn’t hesitate to share some smokes from his collection without even hinting at wanting anything in return.

But that was an act of war and there will be retaliation 😎 Thanks again, Brad!

Last edited:
Way to welcome the newbie!

I often buy a box of those little Exquisitos Maddie for myself for the winter. Nice 15 to 20 min smoke.

Yeah, don't trust Brad. Don't EVER trust Brad. Great hit, Brad.

Return fire is usually never frowned upon, but most of us here who send gifts and welcome packages get even greater pleasure from seeing the love passed forward when can than we do from getting reciprocated volleys. You may not have the inventory and opportunity to do so immediately, but one day you'll find yourself in position to do so, and when that time comes, you'll really understand what this whole BOTL thing is all about.

Yeah, don't trust Brad. Don't EVER trust Brad. Great hit, Brad.

Return fire is usually never frowned upon, but most of us here who send gifts and welcome packages get even greater pleasure from seeing the love passed forward when can than we do from getting reciprocated volleys. You may not have the inventory and opportunity to do so immediately, but one day you'll find yourself in position to do so, and when that time comes, you'll really understand what this whole BOTL thing is all about.
Yep, also not posting pics or stating what's in bombs is preferred practice (or at least used to be?). There's a thread about it somewhere.

Yep, also not posting pics or stating what's in bombs is preferred practice (or at least used to be?). There's a thread about it somewhere.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I was completely unaware of that. My only intent was to pay a compliment. I corrected the post and will keep that in mind for the future!

Guilty as a newb, myself. I still say that thread should be stickied (as I lobby for every time the subject comes up).

...some guys get it, some don't. Thoughts gets it....very nicely done....:cool:

As far as bomb protocol, I'm in the school that doesn't think posting pics or providing details are proper. Our very own SamClemmons said it best, several years ago...and, I agree 100%;

"....Am I the only one that has issues with people saying exactly what was sent to them or what they sent? I think this is bad form. There was a time here and elsewhere when folks simply voiced there appreciation for an unexpected "bomb" by saying thank you and then qualifying their thank you with things like... I am floored . . . You were way to generous . . . I can never repay you . . . Are you insane. . . Above and beyond . . . Incredible. . . and the like, to express their thoughts on the generosity of the sender.

The reason for the anonymity of the contents of a bomb or trade is really quite simple. There are folks who are more generous with some people than they are with others. There are people with deep pockets and those for whom the bottom line is much closer. Maybe a guy is a friend with someone off line and decides to crush his friend with premium sticks or maybe he just likes someone and sends a little something. The point here is that if the contents of a bomb or trade is openly discussed it puts an unfair pressure on the sender or receiver to duplicate their generosity with the next guy...."