• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Someone start another pass?

H311oLHD

I know this probably isn't proper form, BUT....SOMEONE start another pass already!!! :cool: :thumbs:

Why don't you just start one. Get a couple of experienced guys to help you out.

True that is bad form... Are you stating because you want to be included in one? Or watch the pass progress?

Typically passes decline during the summer months as it can get too hot during the shipping process. A pass can have several hundreds of dollars of cigars in it, and to have them subjected to over 100 F (eg UPS truck) can damage them.

Typically passes decline during the summer months as it can get too hot during the shipping process. A pass can have several hundreds of dollars of cigars in it, and to have them subjected to over 100 F (eg UPS truck) can damage them.
And trigger a beetle hatching.

That is my greatest concern and also the reason some folks cut their online purchases way back or stop entirely during the summer.

Wilkey

Yeah no good. I had to restrain myself and curb my impatience with starting a pass because of the onset of summer.

Yeah no good. I had to restrain myself and curb my impatience with starting a pass because of the onset of summer.

Same here. Got one all ready to go then life got in the way. Now most parts of the country are too hot for good shipping quality.

Will launch this fall.

I respectfully disagree with this statement unless this individual has participated in several passes already. I don't know anything about his previous pass experience, but he's new here. A noob without pass experience who hosts a pass is a can of worms waiting to be opened. Some veteran members can help by keeping an eye on it, but there's only so much a non-participant can do.

I'd recommend participating in a few passes first before you host one. Granted, that can be hard when there aren't many new ones being started. Be patient though, people start newbie passes all the time.

I was going to start one next week, but I think I am going to hold off until the end of the summer.

I was thinking of an ESG box pass similar to the King B and Anejo 77 shark pass. But it's getting HOT so it'll have to wait.

I respectfully disagree with this statement unless this individual has participated in several passes already. I don't know anything about his previous pass experience, but he's new here. A noob without pass experience who hosts a pass is a can of worms waiting to be opened. Some veteran members can help by keeping an eye on it, but there's only so much a non-participant can do.

I'd recommend participating in a few passes first before you host one. Granted, that can be hard when there aren't many new ones being started. Be patient though, people start newbie passes all the time.
I have to agree with this as well... I would participate in a pass or two... or three, before starting one!!!
Be patient my friend!!!

:thumbs:

I know this probably isn't proper form, BUT....SOMEONE start another pass already!!! :cool: :thumbs:

Why not initiate or take part in some trades with some FOGs while you wait? This way others can get to know you while you get some experience to your name.

I know this wont matter b/c it wasnt on this BB, but I've participated in about 10-15 passes on CigarWeekly and I've hosted my own PIF/Boxpass as well, but like i said..it wont matter b/c it wasn't here.

I'm looking to gain some "credibility" here so I can get myself more involved...you guys are harsh on newbs to your board...but that can be a good thing (keeps away the bad folks..but it also means you guys ahve been burned a lot).

Anyways...my "bad form" post was b/c i was hoping I would spark someone into hosting one...but I understand heat can be an issue.

-Aaron

Why not initiate or take part in some trades with some FOGs while you wait? This way others can get to know you while you get some experience to your name.

Thought of that too..but the last thing I need is more cigars..so buying from one of the FOGs is out of the question and most of the FOGs here seem to be VERY hesitant to trade with newbs

Thought of that too..but the last thing I need is more cigars..so buying from one of the FOGs is out of the question and most of the FOGs here seem to be VERY hesitant to trade with newbs
Really!?!LinkyThen what the hell is that? What we do is question intent. Why, if you've done all these passes and trades on other forums are you over here? This is my home, I don't go over on other boards! I wouldn't think of signing up on a new board and then start calling out to get someone to start a pass just so I could get some credibility! If you are a veteran of so many passes and trades you should know about shipping in the summer! You should also know that most passes aren't filled by the first person to shout"pick me". This is a community and the only way to be apart of it is to participate. Read, post reviews, add content to this forum. It all comes with time!

I don't think that's the case. If you have plenty of cigars, then post an ISO (in search of) post in the trading forum and work out a trade with the stock you have. Just offer to ship your end first to established members since you're the newer guy here... Or offer up some of your premiums in trades to make room for other sticks.

If you've been around forums for a while, you should know not to rush things, too. :)

---John Holmes...

I know this wont matter b/c it wasnt on this BB, but I've participated in about 10-15 passes on CigarWeekly and I've hosted my own PIF/Boxpass as well, but like i said..it wont matter b/c it wasn't here.

I'm looking to gain some "credibility" here so I can get myself more involved...you guys are harsh on newbs to your board...but that can be a good thing (keeps away the bad folks..but it also means you guys ahve been burned a lot).

Anyways...my "bad form" post was b/c i was hoping I would spark someone into hosting one...but I understand heat can be an issue.

-Aaron

...or maybe it means we have not.

It seems a lot of assumptions have been made, on your part.

-Aaron

...or maybe it means we have not.

It seems a lot of assumptions have been made, on your part.

are you assuming that Gary? =)

Honestly Aaron, if you're looking for 'credibility' just lurk around, send out a few bombs, and be cool. The rest comes with time.

Rob

Thought of that too..but the last thing I need is more cigars..so buying from one of the FOGs is out of the question and most of the FOGs here seem to be VERY hesitant to trade with newbs.
Right. That's why the "Noobie Sampler Trade" has gone on continuously for as long as I've been a member..... :whistling:

If you are interested in trading some cigars, post an "ISO" or a "For Sale". Offer to send your end first. Follow through and do what you commit to. Building credibility is easy, if you want to.

As has been pointed out several times, we're just about the hit the full on heat of summer, and many members, myself included, buy or ship little to none during the heat. Even without beetles (which is always a risk), the combination of heat and humidity grow mold and split wrappers far too easily in the back of a 105 degree USPS truck.

FWIW - B.B.S.

Really!?!LinkyThen what the hell is that? What we do is question intent. Why, if you've done all these passes and trades on other forums are you over here? This is my home, I don't go over on other boards! I wouldn't think of signing up on a new board and then start calling out to get someone to start a pass just so I could get some credibility! If you are a veteran of so many passes and trades you should know about shipping in the summer! You should also know that most passes aren't filled by the first person to shout"pick me". This is a community and the only way to be apart of it is to participate. Read, post reviews, add content to this forum. It all comes with time!
I remember you from CW. Welcome to CP. As you will find, things are done much differently over here than at CW (which is a really really good thing IMO). Kudos for posting an intro! The responses so far have been pretty tame. Just some good tempered resistance. There are no moderators, no one editing posts (other than yourself), and no people posting positive trader comments just because they want to get a positive trader comment. If you F'up here, the community will let you know, and it will be obvious.

The Sheriff is running the NSTT over here too. Feel free to jump in. And get to know some people and you'll find some people to trade with. :thumbs:

I'm looking to gain some "credibility" here so I can get myself more involved...
-Aaron
Aaron,

We are a welcoming community. Stick around and you'll experience it for yourself. But one thing you'll learn about this community is that one gains credibility BY getting involved. Typically, we feel more comfortable with social involvement first, and then trade/pass/sale involvement after we get to know each other.

Every one of the gentlemen who posted above me sought to share a bit of wisdom about this community. Please feel free to avail yourself of it.

Wilkey