• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Someone start another pass?

Like Wilkey said, do some trades, read more and post less, learn for others mistakes. That is how you gain credibility here, don't be an asshat, etc. You may have a bunch of passes on other boards...but that isn't here, I would say stick around, participate, and look for a beginner pass in the early fall. You will find, the long timers here like the community that has been built, and will do much to preserve and protect that. Welcome aboard, I hope you find this helpfull.
Rob

Thank you all who've responded to this thread. I know how things go around boards, i havent been around for a LONG time on cigar boards, but i know the basic ropes. I was just trying to stir up the crowd and hope that a newb pass would be put into play. I DO know its not the best thing to ship in the summer, but some people dont mind doing it and i was trying to reach out to those people.

Smokey, I dont know what your point about "coming into your house" was. I am still a very active member of CW, and am looking forward to becoming a key member of this board as well. I've come to this board in search of more information, to meet a few new people, and to read some interesting topics that might not make it over to CW. (AKA: I really enjoy cigar websites too much :) and one just isnt enough!)

My intentions were not to step on anyones toes here and I appologize for doing so. I also appologize for making you guys misunderstand what i was aying about the newbie sampler trade. I just dont need to add quantity to my collection, thats all. I might have mis-understood, but I thought the newbie sampler was, a FOG puts together a sampler for the newb and the newb pays the FOG cash...both receiving good deals and everyone's happy.

Anyways....I appreciate all of the comments/suggestions and I'm looking forward to getting more involved.

-Aaron

I might have mis-understood, but I thought the newbie sampler was, a FOG puts together a sampler for the newb and the newb pays the FOG cash...both receiving good deals and everyone's happy.
Well, technically it's a trade where you give the FOG something worth around 50 bucks and you get a selection of sticks. Assuming you have a decent selection built up and are still willing to try new things, it can be an even cigar-for-cigar trade if the FOG is willing. Deals can always be made... :)

Stick around, you'll see what I mean by calling this place home. By the way,I hate when people use that "E" when they address me!

Smokyballs you are one funny man!! Just because you live on other cigar boards doesn’t mean that you won’t be a noob here, with noobieness comes time. Smokyballs is right this is his house along with other FOG’s and they don’t appreciate some noob coming from other boards and walking on their feet. If you want to gain some respect around here then you have to play by their rules. If you have such a wide selection of sticks then why do you want to be in a pass? Your only going to get more sticks and since you have a huge selection then their probably going to be what you already have. No one is going to let you be in a premium pass, until you have proven to them that your a true BOLT. Not to say that your not! If they are good sticks then do a premium trade with an FOG. It takes more than doing a few post and a pass to gain these old FOG’s respect. Do some trades, box’s splits, buys or through a bomb out there. You think these FOG’s don’t have a huge collection of sticks; they could probably go swimming in them if they wanted. The point is it’s the thought the willingness to give that they appreciate. Glad to have you aboard, but think before you post or these oldies will eat you up.

Stick around, you'll see what I mean by calling this place home. By the way,I hate when people use that "E" when they address me!
LMAO!!!! I caught hell over this when I did it too. I think he was a little more "stern" with me though :laugh:

Smokyballs you are one funny man!! Just because you live on other cigar boards doesn’t mean that you won’t be a noob here, with noobieness comes time. Smokyballs is right this is his house along with other FOG’s and they don’t appreciate some noob coming from other boards and walking on their feet. If you want to gain some respect around here then you have to play by their rules. If you have such a wide selection of sticks then why do you want to be in a pass? Your only going to get more sticks and since you have a huge selection then their probably going to be what you already have. No one is going to let you be in a premium pass, until you have proven to them that your a true BOLT. Not to say that your not! If they are good sticks then do a premium trade with an FOG. It takes more than doing a few post and a pass to gain these old FOG’s respect. Do some trades, box’s splits, buys or through a bomb out there. You think these FOG’s don’t have a huge collection of sticks; they could probably go swimming in them if they wanted. The point is it’s the thought the willingness to give that they appreciate. Glad to have you aboard, but think before you post or these oldies will eat you up.
The vets of this board try to help the new guys around here especially if they have a true passion for cigars and community(this community). It's hard to figure out what someones intentions are. We learn a lot about others through our dealings with them but also from what they show us they have in there spirit. A review of something you smoked recently could easily show us what you are about. I have a lot of good friends here that I didn't earn through being in passes or doing trades with. Contribute, that's all you have to do.
I don't think that trying to get someone to understand what this place is all about is easy! We don't do things because they give us "credibility"!

Since it looks like there will be no pass for this thread shouldn't it be moved to the appropriate forum?

this is a bit of a thread jack but it was mentioned so I thought I would comment. While I am by no means a fog and have not been around for awhile I do find it amuseing that the trend here seems to be bomb to make friends. While I think bombing is nice and apropriate in some instances bombing for friends just seems silly. My advice is read a lot see how things work and find your place in the communitie. I have not receaved or sent a great many bombs that is fine with me and when I do bomb I always ask not to be identified in public this new trend just seems a little strange to me .

Want to make friends always be honest dont get involved in things you are not sure about and just be yourself friends will follow. I am still a noob but found that this works out I also do a contest once in awhile.

Respectfully
dale

this is a bit of a thread jack but it was mentioned so I thought I would comment. While I am by no means a fog and have not been around for awhile I do find it amuseing that the trend here seems to be bomb to make friends. While I think bombing is nice and apropriate in some instances bombing for friends just seems silly. My advice is read a lot see how things work and find your place in the communitie. I have not receaved or sent a great many bombs that is fine with me and when I do bomb I always ask not to be identified in public this new trend just seems a little strange to me .

Want to make friends always be honest dont get involved in things you are not sure about and just be yourself friends will follow. I am still a noob but found that this works out I also do a contest once in awhile.

Respectfully
dale

Hear hear... :thumbs:

Respectfully
dale
Dale,

I think you're seeing the tail end of the "New Member v Old Members" bomb war. There are a couple of threads on this altercation. It's all in good fun and the bombs were wrapped around some genuine connection-making, IMO. Fun for all and several newer members made nice splashes on the forum (aside from any bomb activity they might have been involved in).

I have faith in the upstanding, longstanding members of this forum and trust that a few boxes of smokes will not significantly influence how they regard prospective new community members. Based on my experience in the recent events, many of the new members were honestly interested in getting to know some of the more established members and have continued to be participating, contributing members of the forum.

Cigars I receive from miscellaneous bombs go right into my "smoke 'em soon" coolerdor. However, if there's a handwritten note expressing sentiments such as appreciation, interest, curiosity, etc., I find myself PMing or writing back and that's how connections begin.

It soon becomes clear who's bombing to score points and who's doing it out of a more honorable motivation. And time will tell, it always does so I really don't think you've got too much to be concerned about to be honest.

Wilkey

OK, fine. I'll host the pass. :thumbs:

Just give me until roughly Late September or early October... :sign:

X2
I think I will do one during that time too! :thumbs:

X2
I think I will do one during that time too! :thumbs:

Make that X3 as I haven't hosted a Pass in a good year and a half now. It will be partially an invitation pass along with a few of the newbs that have been here for the past year........ :) :thumbs: :cool: