• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Son of a gun!

XxMerlinxX

I am a leaf on the wind...
Two out of 3 of my cutters are MIA, which include my best that is a Xikar and my 2nd best which is some random cheapy. Of course my worst cutter is the one that can be easily located. :rolleyes: How many cutters do you guys keep on hand and how many of them are premium, ie Xikar or Palio, cutters?

And as I write this, my g/f drops the thing in my lap and says I never look hard enough, lol. :laugh:

I have two cheapys.

Well let me clarify, I "had" two cutters both cheapys but one a little better than the other, that I purchased on my honeymoon ($5 but still was a double guillotine). Well I broke the one I got on my honeymoon on saturday...dropped it near the stairs in the dark outside and didn't find it until I heard the "snap" sound of it breaking against the stairs!

So I'm down to one cutter, the single guillotine style that has been sitting in my bowling bag for a few years. I found it, its not broken just a bit rusted, but I'm sure I can clean it up with a wire brush and some mild detergant.

I was at the store today to browse (got some poker losses to pickup on payday lol) and they had all different kinds of cutters, cheapys to real nice...gonna try to swing a decent one this time I think if I can...I don't think my bowling bag special will make it much longer lol.

Not to muck up your thread (seems better than an extra topic) but is there any difference in the premium cutters? Between like xikar and palio? Are they worth the extra money?

I've never gotten to use a Palio personally, but many of the guys on here swear by them. I imagine my Xikar cuts about as well as a Palio, but IIRC, the Palio can accommodate a larger ring gauge, so that may be something to think about. I like the look of a Palio and also like that it can serve as a cigar holder for when you don't have an ashtray around, I just happened to get a good deal on the Xikar so I got it instead. The premium cutters are definitely head over heals better than the cheapy cutters you get for $1 though, I absolutely hate having to use those single blade hack jobs.

I've got a Xikar and a Palio in my desk so I can fuel the eternal debate as to which is better. When I have cigar literate guests I can ask "...Xikar or Palio..??..." and accommodate either one.... :laugh:

I have a Victorinox Swiss Army knife w/ cigar punch and wood burl Palio. Used to have a "Bloodstone" Xi2 cutter also. Interesting story about my Xikar-I managed to single handedly wreck a patrol car, but didn't lose my cutter in the process (even though the inside was in shambles). Then somewhere between the wreck and the precinct it disappeared. Never did find it.

TampaSupremo

One Xikar and one 10 buck punch. The Punch is mobile but I never use it, and the Xikar is stationary, never leaves my room (where my humi is located). Haven't lost it and I've had it nearly 9 months now.

I too have a Palio and Xikar cutter. Both are equally great. I use the Palio around the house mostly, and the Xikar for in the car. And a few cheapies are around as well.

Cheapies used for torpedoes but the rounded-head cigars get peeled with my Palio. I have a Xicar but IMO, the Palio is better.

Dan

I have an Xicar XI2 and then an Xicar punch as well. I might have to try a Palio now so I too can get in on the debate over which one is better. lol

Don

Andy here from XIKAR.

In my own biased opinion, you can't beat a XIKAR. Why:

1. They offer a controlled razor sharp cut.
2. They are guaranteed for life = $60 one time purchase for a lifetime of good cuts.
3. They are constantly improving every cigar accessory out there.

Thanks,
Andy
www.xikar.com

Good plug there Andy, lol. You wanna toss one of those new Defiance sticks my way? :D

If I dont have my Xikar on hand, I generally just use the punch on my lighter!