• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sound as you cut your cigar

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
What sound should I be hearing when i cut a cigar?

Two times in the last couple of weeks Jorge or someone else at the shop have commented that my cigar sounded dry when I cut it. My Humi and cooler are at about 67% most of the time.

The two cigars in question almost sounded crunchy when I cut them. They both smoked fine and I tend to prefer drier over wetter. Just curious as to what people thought.

I usually don't make any sort of noise when I cut a cigar.

I think I may be let a fart once from the expertion of squeezing the cutter but that's about it.

:lookup:

Thank you so much for that fantastic answer, that really helps a lot.

Senor Rick,
Try keeping your humidity at around 71%. That's what I keep mine at at home and my smokes never have that problem. In the middle is fine. From 69% to 72% is the best. Just my .02. :p

Ric,

I have experienced that crunching sound before. It seems to happen with out warning and on no perticular cigar. I don't think it has as much to do with the humidity as the construction of the cigar. I have never had an issue when that crunching sound happened.

This one time I tried to cut a phillies blunt that had been sitting outside for a while and it pretty much just ripped of the top. Now THAT was because it was too dry, but then again it RUINED the cigar so I would assume as long as the wrapper stays in tact then you can't blame it on the RH.

Phil

sometimes, i hear "nooo don't cut me, what did i ever do to youuuu. i'm not yummy, so don't smoke me" in a kind of whimpering voice.

and after i cut them i hear shrieking and gnashing of teeth.

i generally hear the click of the blade being locked in to place on my special cigar cutter...

Yes Ric, I've had the same experience at times.

I use a punch cutter and there have been times where it's a sharp "crackle" and it was usually because my cigar had dried out a little too much.

There have been other occasions where the cigar was rolled a little too tight near the head which caused a louder than normal popping or cracking sound. One time, the cigar wound up splitting so badly I had to discard it :(
Again, this was not from being too fry but rather from being rolled too tightly near the head and cutting relieved so much pressure, the cigar virtually exploded.

Aaauuuuuuggghhhhhhhh!!!!!......MEDIC! Can usually be heard if you listen close, but the good ones sound like a small prunning scheer going through a green twig, but quieter. Otherwise, yeah, the "snap" of the blade is most often noticed.