• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Southern Style Pass

ALostTexan said:
Takes:
# 8 - CAO L'Ann. Church. Mad.
#54 - Ashton VSG ER Robusto

Puts:
#74 - LFD Chisel Maduro
#75 - Ramon Allones Ultimo
#76 - Trinidad (Domestic) Toro
#77 - Carlos Torano '59 Perfecto
Wow, yall sure are generous with your VSG ER's. :0 Does anyone realize thats a $35-$40 cigar?

Allofus123 said:
ALostTexan said:
Takes:
# 8 - CAO L'Ann. Church. Mad.
#54 - Ashton VSG ER Robusto

Puts:
#74 - LFD Chisel Maduro
#75 - Ramon Allones Ultimo
#76 - Trinidad (Domestic) Toro
#77 - Carlos Torano '59 Perfecto
Wow, yall sure are generous with your VSG ER's. :0 Does anyone realize thats a $35-$40 cigar?
I really think it was the CAO he was compensating for. I have a few more of those CAO's. PM me :)

Gunpowder said:
I really think it was the CAO he was compensating for.
huh? Maybe I'm reading something wrong here. I see nothing wrong with any of those puts for the CAO but there sure isn't a one of them that would come close, even as a group, to replace the ER.

I know this isn't my pass and if the pass master is OK with those puts and takes the story ends here. I for one doubt some people know the value of that particular cigar and felt compelled to point it out.

Allofus123 said:
Gunpowder said:
I really think it was the CAO he was compensating for.
huh? Maybe I'm reading something wrong here. I see nothing wrong with any of those puts for the CAO but there sure isn't a one of them that would come close, even as a group, to replace the ER.

I know this isn't my pass and if the pass master is OK with those puts and takes the story ends here. I for one doubt some people know the value of that particular cigar and felt compelled to point it out.
I'm gonna ave to agree here. ??? I didn't notice it hen it happened, but would have kindly pointed it out.

I think it was probably an honest mistake for the standard VSG Robusto :)

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
I'm gonna ave to agree here. ??? I didn't notice it hen it happened, but would have kindly pointed it out.

I think it was probably an honest mistake for the standard VSG Robusto
Here's the PM I sent to ALostTexan recently regarding this:

Just want to make sure you know... those VSG ERs were sold only with the 2001 Prometheus Ashton humidors, 100 cigars per humidor, 200 humidors ever made ($5,000 per humidor, MSRP). These are Ashton VSGs with Opus X rosado wrappers, and the cheapest I've ever seen them for is $32 a stick; the most is $75 a stick.

Maybe sending a little bomb to the pass originators would be a good idea.

Allofus123 said:
That is if you can actually find them. It is harder to get than BTL's.

I miss understood your post Allofus and my reply was meant as a joke pertaining to the CAO in that I would be glad to trade some at that value you listed for the Ashton :D I just figured out what you are saying and that the Ashton wasn't what I even thought it was.

I mistook the ASHTON for the regular $8.75 cigar when I looked up its value to put a price for it on the online inventory I am doing. No one caught it until now and since I listed it as $8.75, anyone using the online inventory to organize their trade was at an obvious disadvantage since I priced it wrong. Sorry If I contributed to this situation. If I knew it was rare I would have highlighted it in red like I do the Opus X's and other such cigars.

I am sure Lost Texan will work out something.

OK guys, couple of things, first thank you Moki for the VSG ER!

Next I think that nobody including myself knew it was that rare of a stick, and like Gunpowder stated, he even listed it as another.

Texan I will bet my life didn't know, I will contact him to work something out.

I know people get fired up, and that is good, but what also is good, no wait, great is that our Brother Moki put it in the pass, what a truely unselfish think to do!

We are all Human, we will screw up, I myself made the same mistake in a pass, I had no idea how rare a stick was, yes I thought I had looked up the correct on, but I was wrong, I made it right, just as I know Texan will, it is handled.

Thank you all for being brothers, which have disagreements, but brothers who also look out ofr the others, you all are excellent!

Jim

Takin my own sweet time with it. Sorry guys overtime was available today so I missed out on getting to P.O. PIRATELOOKS!! It heads out tomorrow.
I took my freebies (been waiting to try that Olivia) and put couple of cheaps in the box and added a few in for that second contest that's going on.

Other than that what did I take?

14) Punch Double Corona
15) Torano Reserve selecta (Crystal Tube)
50) Vegas Robain Famosas
63) Paul Garmarian Belicoso
65) La Gloria Cubana Tainos
72) Dunhill red band
73) Graycliffe Presidente
89) Monte #4
90) Perdomo La tradition exclisusivo
93) La Luna Natural

Did I put anything back?

94) Partagas Lusitania '02
95) Partagas Lusitania '02
96) BBF '03 (?)
97) Partagas SEries S
98) Partagas SPanish Rosado
99) Ashton Maduro
100)Diamond Crown #4
101)Bucanero Full Sail
102)HDM Dark Sumatra
103)Petrus Fortus anejo #1
104)Gurkha Limited Edition five pack---- from C-bid
Grand reserve
Master Select
Regent
Special Edition
Maduro

The Gurkhas were my trade for the Grayfliff with consensus from sleepyjim. Try to treat it as a premium stick or ask pass hosts about breaking it down.

Box is taped and ready for Arkansas. If I fell short let me know and I'll remedy it.

What a game
Robb :sign:

Hell, just blame me, I should have noted the value of the cigar, or at least paid more attention to how it was listed in terms of the price, etc.

I don't think ALostTexan knew what he was taking, so it's nothing to discredit him at all... just something that should probably be straightened out with a little bomb to the pass hosts or such. Anyway, I leave it in the host's capable hands...

I just wanted to add a note expressing how well those involved in this thread handled the misunderstanding. I have watched a lot conversations go south real fast over this sort of thing in the past. The attitudes and the manner that things were handled here is what makes Cigar Pass the great place that it is. Moki, brother you are a truly good Brother Of The Leaf, and your manner in which you brought it to our attention was very well done.

Thanks to everyone

M3

0303 0830 0001 3901 3985

Out the door. Thanks guys having some fun here.

Robbmt said:
...been waiting to try that Olivia...
Don't wait long! It is a fantastic cigar. I had never had one before the hosts treated me to it in this pass. I'm definately a new fan! :thumbs:

Look, I was stupid for not knowing what the now infamous cigar was. I had no clue that it was a super-rare cigar, and I apologize for that.

Before my name gets totally drug through the dirt, which I am sure will happen, I want to note that I am simply returning the cigar to Sleepyjim tomorrow, along with a handfull of cigars to try to make up for the mistake.

I know that due to this, I will probably be banned from most people's passes in the future, but again, I had no clue as to what it was.

ALostTexan

ALostTexan said:
Look, I was stupid for not knowing what the now infamous cigar was. I had no clue that it was a super-rare cigar, and I apologize for that.

Before my name gets totally drug through the dirt, which I am sure will happen, I want to note that I am simply returning the cigar to Sleepyjim tomorrow, along with a handfull of cigars to try to make up for the mistake.

I know that due to this, I will probably be banned from most people's passes in the future, but again, I had no clue as to what it was.
No way man, it's all good! It was an honest mistake! Do not worry, I blame myself for not noting what the cigar was to begin with. It's all good man.

Yeah dude don't feel like that at all. Honest mistakes happen and you handled it great :thumbs: All the more reason for someone to want you in there pass. Don't sweat it we are all human.

NO WAY! Your name is fine and had better stay that way. I KNOW it was an honest mistake, I think everyone does.

I think enough people know you and how you are on this board, hell not to mention the IGBC, I have been in the same boat, it happens, no big deal, we all are human.

Jim