• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Speaking of Dogs......

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
Lets see what you have.....doesn't matter if it Barks, Meows, Hisses, or just makes bubbles. :D

Now tell me this isn't the cutest duck chasing dog you ever seen.... :thumbs:

Sugar2.jpg

Nice lookin' pup, Kenny!

I'll try to get one of my two mutts!! :D

No pics I am afraid (at least not developed) but I have 4 cats. 1 of them, Princess is my smoking partner... whenever I light up she crawls up near me to enjoy, she seems to perfer maduro's....

:sign:

Sam

Here's 2 of the 3:

Trouble...Red Heeler/German Shep

Trouble.jpg

and Duncan....Chow/Golden Retreiver

Duncan.jpg

Hmmmm, I've seen those dogs somewhere before Mark........ can;t quite put my finger on it but I know I've seen them. ;)

JLew - She got her first dove hunt last year at a little over one year old. I had to wait for some cool weather, as you know Texas doesn't cool off until Nov/Dec. ??? I'm suppose to be going down to Freer Oct 4th-6th with a few buddies to hunt those little eratic missles. Damn things sure know how to make a fool out of ones shooting skills.....haha!

Here's another pic...... I like to call this one The Three Amigo's even though they're all girls. Left to right.....Sugar, Ricki, and Casey. Ricki was retired last year from the hunting scene. She now lives a life of luxury and definitely rules the house.

All_Three.JPG

Some of you know that I love working/training with retreivers. The pic I posted above has my two labs and the wife's golden in it. My two are hunting dogs and house pets while hers is just a plain spoiled, rotten, always getting my dogs in trouble type of dog. ;) With my black lab Ricki retired, my yellow lab Sugar is now my hunting companion. She has been completely obedient trained (sit, come, heal, stay) and we are working on whistles and hand signals. Shes coming along very good and is an excellent student.

Today Sugar will be going to her first de-snaking class. I do not handle this as it is best to leave this type of training to a proffesional. Its really very interesting and thought I'd share the process with yall. I was able to copy an excert of exactly how this is done. This is the very class my dog will be going to today. My black lab Ricki has been thru the course and several refresher courses over the years and has "alerted " me many times of snakes when we are in the marsh. With as much money and time I put into these dogs this is the best $35 dollars I ever spent. I know it has saved me thousands in vet bills. Hope you find it interesting.

DESNAKING TRAINING FOR YOUR DOG
ACCIDENT PREVENTION

submitted by
Adele Neupert,
Vermillion Vizlsas,
Layfayette, Louisiana

If you are contemplating hunting or training in Texas it is advisable to desnake your dog. We were motivated because our dog, Jackson was bitten on his chin by a water moccasin and was hospitalized because of the severe swelling in his neck. He survived to hunt again and we had Jackson and Ike desnaked a few months later. We have not encountered any more poisonous snakes while hunting or training. The dogs do jump back when they encounter a stick that looks like a snake!

Desnaking involves avoidance training by sight, smell and sound and should be done by a professional. The Gulf Coast German Shorthaired Pointer Club puts on a desnaking clinic each year, usually in August. It is well worth your time and the money to protect your dog's health and maybe their life.

The snakes are defanged rattle snakes. The snakes should be defanged and not just milked to remove the venom as some venom may remain after milking.

An electronic collar is placed on the dog. The snake handler controlls the electric stimulator. Timing of the stimulation is critical to the avoidance training. The stimulation must occur as the dog is going for the snake and the snake is allowed to strike at the dog.

The dog is lead near the first snake by the dog handler with the owner moving to the opposite side of the snake. This snake has had it's rattle taped so the dog can only see and smell it. When the dog sees the snake and moves towards it, the dog is shocked. The dog is moved towards the second snake, which is allowed to rattle. The owner is opposite the dog with the snake in between. The owner calls the dog. If the dog moves too close to the snake it is again shocked.

Proofing is the final step and is done by letting the owner take the dog close to the snake. When the dog avoids the snake it has learned the lesson. Usually the dog makes a wide path away from the snake by this time. A refresher can be done each year as a way to check to make sure the dog remembers the lesson.

.......but do yours smoke cigars? heh Mysti is my avatar and I have to watch my humi when it is open or she will rob me!!!!

Cute bunch of critters though. My other is a Siberian Husky who hates cigars. ( I would post of her, but never have figured out how to get a pic to come up on one of these things :p

Ahhh truely Man's best Friend :D Great looking pooches there guys ;)

Great looking dog Emo..... has he trained yall yet? LOL! ;)

Get a pic posted of yours Vern, I'm sure the war scars suffered during the "Great CP War of 01" are all healed by now. :D Check your Museumgrade AOL e-mail. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can catch you.

Jack is one year old but we adopted him in June. He can be very stubborn at times, specially when he knows he is in trouble. But sit, come, stay(we got him up to 1 minute w/ us there). Still working on heal and stay. His real true stubborn streak is drop. He will drop anything he isn't supposed to have on command. But when we play fetch, he will rarely drop his tennis ball unless I have another in my hand ready to go. He prefers for me to wrestle it out of his mouth. All in all a good dog.

Emo

??? 8 siberians ;)

well they can eat on command(like when they see food),

they let me know when it's a full moon,

Man I love my sleddogs, but i miss a good .
companion dog

some nice looking dogs out there guys,

Hey sibernation, do you actually sled with those sleddogs, or do you just love them for their beauty?