• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spitting while smoking

pj_rage

Novice Cigar Smoker
Being relatively new to cigars, I'm curious if the more experienced smokers spit as much as I do when having a cigar. Most times, I find myself spitting lot, and I don't even really realize it until I gather quite the pool by the time I'm done.

So how about everyone else? Any particular reason one way or the other?

EDIT: I don't know why the poll didn't come through and I guess I can't re-add it now, I had intended this to be a poll, but either way, some response would be good :thumbs:

i only find myself doing so when i'm outside without a drink. even if it's just water, it seems to get rid of that urge.

It depends on the cigar and whether or not I have something to drink.

Spitting can help cut down on the nicotine, so with stronger cigars it helps from getting flattened, and if I have nothing to drink I find myself doing it from time to time.

Just depends I guess.

BURN!!!

evu_ashton_kutcher_06.jpg

I agree if I don't have anything to drink I usually have to spit a lot. I really try to keep a drink on hand when I smoke even if it's just water just because I think spitting that much is nasty.

Edit: Spelling

I used to spit quite a bit when smoking, then the B&M owner slapped the back of my head and bought me a coffee and I've been fine ever since....

I use to spit out the window of my car while doing 60. I now make sure there is a drink next to me when I smoke in the car.

One of my friends spitt after every puff, gets nasty. I always prepare a drink before I light up so I usually don't.

I never gave it much thought until now. However, now that I think about it, sometimes I do (although rarely). I'm not sure what the reason is for spitting, could be like what Brick stated above, the cigar and drink I'm having at the time. It also greatly depends on where I am smoking. If I'm doing yard work or hanging out in my yard, I may spit a bit; but never do when enjoying a smoke with someone else or having a cigar inside.

I admit it...I spit. I spit a lot. A spit because I don't want to taste the cigar in the morning after. I spit therefor I am! You like-e?!?@!!

-Fetter

I generally do not spit. But sometimes when I sit out front I spit loogies into the bush in front of my chair so I can watch them drip thier way down. I love it when they get some good hang time. :D

So I was noticing with my PerfeXion X tonight that after the puffs that I held in my mouth longer I was more tempted to spit, whereas the shorter ones I was usually fine. Maybe something to this?

I admit it...I spit. I spit a lot. A spit because I don't want to taste the cigar in the morning after. I spit therefor I am! You like-e?!?@!!

-Fetter

I think that is part of it for me. When I swallow without drink I can "feel" it getting at the back of my throat and I know I'll be tasting the ashtray in my mouth for the next day or two. When I spit instead, I feel that I keep some of that out of the back of my throat and cut back on the ashtray mouth.

I can't believe this....

When you guys wipe your asses, do you fold or crumple your toilet paper? What do you do when your finger breaks through, wipe or wash your hands? ???

You spit while smoking a cigar because the nicotine is a smooth muscle relaxant and allows the saliva glands to produce more spit (saliva). Haven't you noticed that after a good meal when your stomach is full and smoke a cigar; you have to take a sh..t. This is the reason the why you have the urgency to spit. Also, there can be an argument that smokers are trying to avoid the absorption of nicotine. But this is just a humble opinion.