• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sportster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think he meant anything mean spirited at all. It seems like everybody is WAY to edgy these days to jump on somebody!! If he would have spelled out "japanese" completely would it have made a difference?

Sportster, if you can't see that, like Doc said, the "J" word is akin to using the "N" word, then you've got some self-educating to do.

Even tho I do not agree within the references I was using, I've still admitted I was wrong if anyone ethnic group was offened by me saying "Jap Bike"...the context in which I was refering to was NOT people, and this is exactly where this whole thing went left....To assume I dont know the pain some ethnic people have to endure, I still don't believe my references was anything near the same as the "N" word....To me, the ignorant one is the one who seeks out every little word someone might say in a slang references and take it personal.....Still I made a public apology to any and all here at CP...and apparently it wasn't good enough!!!

You still seem to think that your apparent slight of someone's bike was your mistake.

And I still do....it was Gonz who took it to another level, and it wasn't for one second about PEOPLE it was about his opinion of what I thought was better of 2 makes of bikes...as time went, some other goof decides to make it all about ETHNIC....Gonz never even mentioned that, his plight with me was MOTORCYCLES and what he assumed I was doing, or saying mine Harley was better....which anyone, inlcuding you, can plainly see...its painfully ignorant!!!

Gonz is fully capable of speaking for himself, but I'm guessing that was his point in calling you out.

And so am I....but just not here I guess, instead I have to see someone trash my post with bullshit they THOUGHT they knew about....which is furthest from the least, and he didn't call me out on anything, he voiced his opinion about what I ment.....he was wrong!!! Thats not calling anyone out, thats making an ass out of one's self!!!

It had nothing to do with what you thought of another guy's bike.

What??...I didn't post shit about what I thought about any bikes??...why are you making shit up??

If you had grasped that from the get-go, a simple "My bad, sorry." would've sufficed. But you've gone down a road that ain't easy to get back from, imo.

Look, its clear you have NO CLUE what your saying to me...I did say I was sorry, Gonz is the one who couldn't keep his smart ass mouth (fingers...) shut...I rested it all with apologies, yet he couldn't....I got pissed off, sent a pm, in which he posted in public...which at most all sites and BBboards is #2 against the TOS of that site....I guess here its a different story, which now doesn't suprize me after today...You too are so wrong Moe, but then what to expect from here....is beyond me, I've seem more bullshit today here than any of the 2 sites I work.....and its allowed!!!

whatever....

I do not think he meant anything mean spirited at all. It seems like everybody is WAY to edgy these days to jump on somebody!! If he would have spelled out "japanese" completely would it have made a difference?
Yes! Hell, if he'd of called it a rice burner, I doubt if anyone would have been upset.

Doc.

Gonz, you read way to much into his comment about Harley clones. Surely you can admit to that and apologize for some of your remarks?

Sportster, you made this into a big e-penis fight, seriously. Step back. This isn't a fight. If you want anyone to even consider you're right, you've got to handle yourself like an adult. You're coming off as a little child throwing a tantrum right now. Gonz doesn't decide who stays or goes, you do with your piss poor attitude.

What was the point of bringing this out in a new thread, Gonz? Why not just forward the PM directly to Rod and have him ban the guy?

Your right Holmes....my attitiude did get piss poor, and childish is a matter of opinion, but all in all you are right and I thank you for correcting me in my errors!!!

This is a very puzzling situation IMO and makes me glad I am not Rod.

Sportster clearly appologized in the other thread which historically is sufficient here but clearly sent a terrible PM.

Gonz may have misinterpeted Sportster's intent, because I use the term Jap Bikes on occaision and I never have negative intent towards the Japanese race and He posted a PM which is really bad manners IMO.

I have no dogs in this fight but I am interested in how it plays out.

Just another thread that gets blown out of proportion, and someone getting beat-up on. Why the hell do we need to act like this? This is supposed to be an "Adult" site with people that act as such. Something like this after which he apologized should not have been thrown out into public for everyone to see. Gonz you should have just dealt with privately, and Sportster, none of that should have been said in a forum nor in a pm to another respected member here, period.

I am not taking sides here at all, I will take the abuse with constructive criticism if someone thinks I spoke out of line. However, I know that we all can agree that this should not continue nor be brought up again.

Now I am going to enjoy a fine scotch and a fine cigar in my smoking room.

Sam

I think they both need to kiss and make up and move on.

Edit to add.

So let me be sure I understand this correctly. Sporty can act all civil in public, but then hide behind the scenes and show his true character?

It's been done many times before. I refuse to allow someone like him to "take this to pm" when it's obvious the way he acts.

looking forward to reading this when i get ome from the hospital. not as amusing on my phone but i bet there is fun to be had here

So let me be sure I understand this correctly. Sporty can act all civil in public, but then hide behind the scenes and show his true character?

It's been done many times before. I refuse to allow someone like him to "take this to pm" when it's obvious the way he acts.

No I don't think that he should act civil just in public and hide behind anything. That is why I also wrote that what he said in "forum" and in "Pm" should never had been said. I do not condone his actions at all and I wish I typed that a bit more clearly Gonz, don't take this as an attack on you, it's not.

No I don't think that he should act civil just in public and hide behind anything. That is why I also wrote that what he said in "forum" and in "Pm" should never had been said. I do not condone his actions at all and I wish I typed that a bit more clearly Gonz, don't take this as an attack on you, it's not.

Sorry, I as well was not referring to you in particular. It just blows my mind that some people think they can hide behind pm's and say whatever they want because they think no one else will ever see it.

By the way, BMW, I'm sorry my determination of importance relating to your thin skin didn't warrant a pm back sooner, I'll get right on that.

keyboardcommando.jpg

I was civil from the git go in public, the "pm" wasn't unti later today when I lost a bit of control, and I admit it was in bad taste, but SHEEEEESH!!! I am gettin' a bit tired of seeing what I've seen transpire from what I originally thought was a "help/idea" issue about a trailer hitch.....just blows me away for the most part, and I thought I was trying to clear it all up...even saying I was sorry in public when I didn't do anything to say I was sorry about...THEN, endure more smart comments after the fact, moving on to raciest comments...I mean come on, who would have allowed their original innocent comment get raked over the coals like that??........Well, not me....and I lost control, in reference to the pm I sent, and I am sorry now you all had to see it, because now my creditability, if any is gone.....

I will take whatever CP jail sentence handed down from the ~higher~ powers here....I messed up, and I admit it...So, if a perment banning is in order, then so be it, I surely didn't think it would all come to this, I am sorry for those who have befriended me, sent me sticks, and tried to be my friend....I guess you all saw the ugly side of Sportster.....I am still not happy with the out come, but this isn't my house and I guess I was shown whos it is!!!

By the way, BMW, I'm sorry my determination of importance relating to your thin skin didn't warrant a pm back sooner, I'll get right on that.
An apology with a jab. Real classy.

I was civil from the git go in public, the "pm" wasn't unti later today when I lost a bit of control, and I admit it was in bad taste, but SHEEEEESH!!! I am gettin' a bit tired of seeing what I've seen transpire from what I originally thought was a "help/idea" issue about a trailer hitch.....just blows me away for the most part, and I thought I was trying to clear it all up...even saying I was sorry in public when I didn't do anything to say I was sorry about...THEN, endure more smart comments after the fact, moving on to raciest comments...I mean come on, who would have allowed their original innocent comment get raked over the coals like that??........Well, not me....and I lost control, in reference to the pm I sent, and I am sorry now you all had to see it, because now my creditability, if any is gone.....

I will take whatever CP jail sentence handed down from the ~higher~ powers here....I messed up, and I admit it...So, if a perment banning is in order, then so be it, I surely didn't think it would all come to this, I am sorry for those who have befriended me, sent me sticks, and tried to be my friend....I guess you all saw the ugly side of Sportster.....I am still not happy with the out come, but this isn't my house and I guess I was shown whos it is!!!

Quit the apathy bullshit. Sack it up and move on. You dug a hole, climb back out of it. Nothing worse than someone who fucks up and tries to make me feel sorry for them.

We all screw up from time to time. Its how you dust yourself off that shows character. Deal with it. If you felt so strongly about Gonz, be a man ask him for his phone number and call him. If you can't do that, then you needed to drop it, and not send a scathing PM.

There are two sides to every story, airing out dirty laundry is extreme. I am not defending Gonz, I do not know what went on behind the scenes, but scathing emails don't cut it with me.

Gentlemen. It is time for each of you to go to your corners and think a bit. Nothing has been done to irrecoverably keep either of you from remaining on CP but it would be good if you could work this out yourselves without the rest of us being involved. I would highly suggest that you try it. If that tack fails then input from some of us may be warranted. Some of you are getting too damn PC for my liking so the next time try some deep breathing before you post or like mentioned above......go have a cigar. That is the reason we are here after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.