• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spyware destroy

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
I need to run a spyware destroyer but I need one that I can run live via download or straight from a site (ie: no install).

Anyone know of one?

There's a pretty decent rule of thumb for spyware; nothing free is really good.

If it's for a work related machine, you could probably get the okay to install MS's Antispyware program, it seems to do the job better than anything.

And sorry for the minor thread derail. :)

The computer has AdAware and Spybot something or other installed... except only the network guys have access rights to it. Why, I don't know. It's ridiculous.

Because it can delete things from the registry, and because you need to have the restore agent turned off when you run it, which you likely don't have access to do, making the removal incomplete.

I don't know of any internet process to do the removal.

THE best one I have found is Trojan Hunter. www.trojanhunter.com. They have a 30 day trial version for free. Work wonderfully. Better than AdAware, IMHO.

Im using the Microsoft antispyware beta.. Man does it ROCK!!!! It has received some bitchen reviews so far. TSS even said that it's better than spybot, and ad-aware. and it is FREE

Backslide420 said:
Im using the Microsoft antispyware beta.. Man does it ROCK!!!! It has received some bitchen reviews so far. TSS even said that it's better than spybot, and ad-aware. and it is FREE
[snapback]163530[/snapback]​

Until July. Then the beta tag is taken off and you have to buy it, I'd guess on a 1 year license too. It's ironic, because all it does is fix the flaws in their own browser. It's just another way to milk you for some more money, I guess.

Anyone ever get spyware/adware using Mozilla? I never did.

I can't beleive that there are tech people in this board. That makes cigars, tech, and i've seen several car comments, that is hitting about all interests. I have also had good luck with the MS antispyware but I have been using Adaware and Spybot for years without any problems.

If you've already been infected, NONE of these will delete the self-reinstalling executables hiding in your temp, windoze, windoze/system32, system volume information, root c:, program files/common files, etc... directories. You have to do that manually. Without deleting these, you can run all of these till the cows come home and they will just reinstall themselves.

I use Foxfire on my personal computer and have the block pop's on. I've never seen a pop up. My girlfriend's pc however sucks. I used IE for a minute and 12 windows had opened.

vewyphishy said:
The computer has AdAware and Spybot something or other installed... except only the network guys have access rights to it. Why, I don't know. It's ridiculous.
[snapback]163491[/snapback]​

Have both on my laptop.
They work great for me.

:thumbs:

Back