• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Star Wars Celebration

Have not watched Obi Wan yet, but Bobba is interesting. Think I ran out of episodes, but I need to look again.
Obiwan is pretty damn good. They bring to life some of the characters from the Clone Wars series. Not a huge fan of the cartoons but I watched them to know the stories

star_wars_ver2_xlg.jpg

Star Wars : A New Hope had its theatrical release Memorial Day weekend May 25, 1977. I remember coming home from a family vacation that summer, and my oldest sister had this poster on her wall. She told my brother and I how cool this movie was! Since she was already super cool with her disco dancing satin jacket and driving a 1976 Camaro (burgandy red with a white vinyl top) we took her advice! We saw Star Wars 3 times that summer before school started , and my Star Trek world ( "Captain Kirk" ) was galactically changed forever.

star_wars_ver2_xlg.jpg

Star Wars : A New Hope had its theatrical release Memorial Day weekend May 25, 1977. I remember coming home from a family vacation that summer, and my oldest sister had this poster on her wall. She told my brother and I how cool this movie was! Since she was already super cool with her disco dancing satin jacket and driving a 1976 Camaro (burgandy red with a white vinyl top) we took her advice! We saw Star Wars 3 times that summer before school started , and my Star Trek world ( "Captain Kirk" ) was galactically changed forever.
That’s awesome. Great story. I still have the 3 VHS tape set of the pre edited by George Lucas Episodes 4-6 that my parents use to show me. Then when I was a freshman in High School Phantom Menace came out and I went on opening day. Seeing everyone dressed up and really into it changed me forever.

Last edited:
When Star Wars came out, me and my friends would skip school to go see it. I don't remember now, but guessing saw it maybe 6-7 times while it was still in the theaters. Close Encounters also premiered in 1977, and Alien premiered in 1979. These three movies really redefined the sci-fi genre.