• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

State of the Brand: Tatuaje

The only thing good to come from Tatuaje in LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time is the Petit Cazadores. Excellent little smoke. Everything else is just ....meh.

Read up: Hello from Tatuaje

I read this thread shortly after I joined. I haven't bought anything more than a few Tatuaje singles since.

I wish I hadnt read that. :angry: Thanks for the info though.

Knowledge is power. ;)

Amen brother

First time reading all that funny business for me too. Now I can see where some of the strong opinions have come from, I never really understood it before.

Pete is making some awesome smokes these days. My new favorite little smoke is the Petit Cazadore. The Anarchy was very good as well. The Fausto (T110 blend) will be out later this year and there will be another cigar (I can't remember the name) that will be 100% broadleaf. I cannot wait.

Tatuaje cigars are simply delicious :thumbs:

I read this thread shortly after I joined. I haven't bought anything more than a few Tatuaje singles since.

If you read enough of that you'll see that Al even said it was over and he was still going to offer Tatuaje cigars up. Hell I bought a box of Tat Black Tubos from him when they were first released and that was long after that tatuaje post. Some people are holding a grudge for a fight that has long since been resolved.

Here's a quote from Al on the subject towards the end of that post:
Pete that was all you had to say. All I ever expected of you was a response, nothing more. I can now put this behind me as I hope you can. I think you make a great product, but I do agree with some of the others that it's time to hire someone for public relations.
Pete had the opportunity to deal with me on his terms, now that will not be the case. I have 3 suppliers that have offered to sell me Tatuaje cigars. I will still be able to offer you guys a great product at a great price, without restriction. So please don't stop buying Pete's product for a lapse in judgment that any of us could have made. I believe Pete is a good guy that is lacking in customer service skills. So that being said, Pete I wish you the best of luck in all of your business and personal ventures.

Al

If you read enough of that you'll see that Al even said it was over and he was still going to offer Tatuaje cigars up. Hell I bought a box of Tat Black Tubos from him when they were first released and that was long after that tatuaje post. Some people are holding a grudge for a fight that has long since been resolved.

Here's a quote from Al on the subject towards the end of that post:
Pete that was all you had to say. All I ever expected of you was a response, nothing more. I can now put this behind me as I hope you can. I think you make a great product, but I do agree with some of the others that it's time to hire someone for public relations.
Pete had the opportunity to deal with me on his terms, now that will not be the case. I have 3 suppliers that have offered to sell me Tatuaje cigars. I will still be able to offer you guys a great product at a great price, without restriction. So please don't stop buying Pete's product for a lapse in judgment that any of us could have made. I believe Pete is a good guy that is lacking in customer service skills. So that being said, Pete I wish you the best of luck in all of your business and personal ventures.

Al

The problem is...Pete keeps lapsing his judgement.

We have a fellow on here who takes consignment cigars.
He know does not post his Tat cigar prices due to Pete.
Yea...the fellow says it's to protect his source...but WTF...they are consigned cigars.

That's the stretch Pete has over the resellers...its' bullshit.

Touche, Greg; your point is well made. But this, in addition to the Monster debacle, in addition to the paint-scented cigars, in addition to the "limited edition" craze, in addition to "crystallizing" filler tobacco... well, I'll continue voting for the Padrons with my dollars. Their cigars suit my palate much better anyway.

But you are right... I shouldn't begrudge Pete for this when Al himself says it isn't an issue anymore. I simply wanted to give some newbs a vector to answer some of their questions.

Classic Tybor. I actually worked at Puff N Stuff during that spat and remember it well.

And, yeah. He and Pete did bury the hatchet: the first time I met Pete was at Al's store.

-Mark