• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Steak Preparations

First, I buy cuts of beef that are already tender and graded USDA Choice or Prime. I like Top loin, NY strip, Tenderloin, Porterhouse, and Rib eye. They don't require marinading and it would be a sin if you did. Freshly ground pepper and maybe rub a garlic clove all over it. Throw it on a hot grill. Cook till medium rare. That's it. If it's good beef, it doesn't need anymore.

Doc.

My thoughts exactly :thumbs:

We raise our own beef so the cuts of meat I use are super fresh and tender. As far as the seasoning goes I use a blend of spices and seasonings (most of which I grow) I use these very sparingly. Also I love to cook over wood mostly hickory but some times I'll use apple or cherry. Personally I don't marinate my meat as this dries out the meat. (Besides if you handle your meat to much it might be mistaken for playing with your meat. And we all know you'll go blind if you play with you meat to much!!!!!) LOL
Bring the grill to temperature
Lightly sprinkle meat with seasonings
Place on grill
Brush with real butter
I like my steaks cooked Extra Rare

You don't hang your beef and age it?

Doc.

I just put my steak in a container with red wine (any kind), olive oil, red wine vinegar, pepper, garlic powder, and some organo. Let that soak over night. Flip the meat once just so it gets all soak up. Throw it on the barbie. It has so much flavor and it melts in your mouth. I just made it the other night.