• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stocking the walk In....

Perfect! That will keep'em all happy.... the customers I mean. ;)
LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

How's the location of your shop?
What's it like outside of your shop?

What's the sq. ft of the non-humidor area?

Any pictures?

Those would work fine especially if you are going to carry several different styles of the Acid. Just make sure it's not located where direct sunlight can hit it. That will cook those cigars quick.

Monte said:
Perfect! That will keep'em all happy.... the customers I mean. ;)
LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

How's the location of your shop?
What's it like outside of your shop?

What's the sq. ft of the non-humidor area?

Any pictures?
Ya I thought those might work out alright,I think iam going to get the big one so I can still carry diffrent sysles.

Ok one more question about this subject and I swear Ill shut up, Could I have this display in the walk in humidor or would that just defeat the purpose? I would rather have it in there, If not Ill have to find a spot for it.

monte - The shop is located in a very nice city right downtown, Its right on the main street. There are a lot of other shops/stores down there. Its a plcae where In the summer all you see is people walking and enjoying the nice weather..

The shop is not a big place at all,but Its all I need right now.Its about 1000sq.ft
Take away the humidor and Its 850 sq.ft...But like I said Its all I need right now,maybe some day Ill add to It.

As far as the pictures goes, I dont have any of the shop right now.I will be taking a 1000 pics once i get in there and Ill post them. :)

-Matt

This is as fun for us as it is for. some of us are living vicarously through this thread.

Ok one more question about this subject and I swear Ill shut up, Could I have this display in the walk in humidor or would that just defeat the purpose? I would rather have it in there, If not Ill have to find a spot for it.

-Matt

The Acrylic Humis are actually not real air tight, but not too bad on the whole. I know a number of Tobacconists that keep acids and Lars as well as the flavored crap all in the humi, on a shelf, seperated from the real smokes, but open in the air. I have not noticed any problems from it. So I would say that there should be no reason not to keep the case in the Walk-In. Especially if floor or counter space outside the WI is at a premium.

Afterall, You will be doing a lot more to protect the rest of the smokes than most shops I have seen.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot, you don't need to shut up bro. The questions you are asking are interesting to me, and I am sure others feel the same. I plan to open a shop myself some day, so I am logging all this info in the ole Noggin for later retrieval :D

My local shop where I work has the Acids in a Airlock humidor (amber plastic) and we keep them humidified with a couple of Humipacks. Works fine.

What PuroBrat said

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot, you don't need to shut up bro. The questions you are asking are interesting to me, and I am sure others feel the same. I plan to open a shop myself some day, so I am logging all this info in the ole Noggin for later retrieval .

I am enjoying the thread.

PuroBrat said:
The Acrylic Humis are actually not real air tight, but not too bad on the whole. I know a number of Tobacconists that keep acids and Lars as well as the flavored crap all in the humi, on a shelf, seperated from the real smokes, but open in the air. I have not noticed any problems from it. So I would say that there should be no reason not to keep the case in the Walk-In. Especially if floor or counter space outside the WI is at a premium.

Afterall, You will be doing a lot more to protect the rest of the smokes than most shops I have seen.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot, you don't need to shut up bro. The questions you are asking are interesting to me, and I am sure others feel the same. I plan to open a shop myself some day, so I am logging all this info in the ole Noggin for later retrieval :D
Thanks for the reply... I just dont want to bug everyone with the questions ect.. But you have to start somewhere! :)

Every shop around me keep there acid's with all there other cigars,so Iam going to be the one who cares the most I guess.I just want my humidor to be the best it can. And with me moving 8 box's of the acids gives me room to bring in some new stuff to the humidor.

-matt

Here's my two cents:

Do everything w/ in your power to keep Opus X and PAM on hand. Put up a simple website featuring your Opi and PAM. Trust me, people will find you online if you have those two tough-to-obtain smokes readily available. You'll be selling more of those things than you know what to do with :)

Other than that, make sure to pay close attention to the reviews. It's the US auto manufacturer philosophy: What wins races on Sunday sells on Monday. Equated to cigar sales: What is written up favorably in the cigar mag.'s sells. Have as many of the 90+ cigars on hand as you can afford.