• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stone "Enjoy By IPA"

emoshun

SoCal Herfin'
EBIPA_122112_vipblastB.jpg

Stats: 9.4% abv, 88 IBUs
Hops bill: Calypso during the mash; Super Galena hop extract for bittering; Simcoe, Delta, Target, and Amarillo for flavor; Motueka, Citra, and Cascade for aroma; Nelson Sauvin and Galaxy for dry hopping

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

So I stopped by Rock & Brews last night for a pint of this nectar, and boy was it good. $9 for an imperial pint was a 'lil steep, but well worth it.

I was taken aback by the drinkability, and smoothness of the beer considered how much they hopped/dry hopped the beer.

If you have a chance to try this on tap, please do so. Although I am sure that the bombers will be just as good, as I plan to buy a couple this weekend.

Cheers!

-Jimmy

I love me some stone! Thanks for the heads up, Jimmy.

I want one but they don't have it in my area either

I had the Stone 16th Anniversary IPA last night and it was fantastic.

Yeah I had a bomber of the 16th this past weekend, and I loved it.

We had some grilled pollo asado for dinner, and it went perfect with it.

The lemon verbena/lemon oil flavors were very unique and blended well within the layers of flavor.

I truly do not understand how NJ gets this beer, but NY does not.

Each city was asked to vote across all social platforms and email.

Votes were tallied, and posted so that the top 3 cities got what they asked for.

Deliciously fresh and amazingly hopped EBIPA!

Updated first post, it's coming back, and this time to more cities!!

Finding a lot of games being played with this release. Made a lot of calls, places said they have it in stock, come on down. When I get there, they either tell me they never had it and won't be getting it, or they have only 1 case of it and it's not available to the public.

With it being a "limited" release, I understand holding it for your regulars. That being said, are the distributors really giving out 1 case per account to 100 accounts? Something stinks here, and I'm not sure whose end the stink is coming from. I'll be keeping an eye out on what seems like a new "1 time only" release coming out every other month and try to figure out if it's the stores playing games or Stone.

I had a bottle of it recently. It certainly was good but I wouldn't jump through hoops to get it again. Way too many fine IPA's out there to worry about this one.

Double Agreed, Stone is testing the waters with their hype. (think of a certain cigar brand that does this same tactic)

Bottom line is try it if it's there, if not then just ask for a recommendation for another local IPA!

Just called my local, (Rock&Brews) they have it on tap for $7a pint. (No pitchers)

Not sure why I was charged $9 last time...

Their latest release found its way to LI. I checked their map once it was said to have been delivered. Between distributors and bars, over the course of 2 days, I was at 5 places the map said had it. The bar didn't have it. Of the 4 distributors, the only one listed as getting bottles didn't even carry Stone. The other 3 didn't have it, weren't told if they were getting it, and if they were, they had no idea when they were.

Then I got a call from one of the stores that was supposed to have it on draft. They got in a case of bottles. By the time I got there, there was 1 left. I grabbed it. Managed to find 2 more to send out at another store I went to.

Had it last night. It was good. Not great. And the alcohol content was very well hidden. Considering a case was sold out in under 24 hours, it seems that unless I was in the store if they ever got another delivery, I'd probably never get my hands on another bottle. And I'm fine with that.

Funny thing, IPA's were originaly brewed to last. Nothing more than marketing BS

Doc

tomthirtysix said:
Their latest release found its way to LI. I checked their map once it was said to have been delivered. Between distributors and bars, over the course of 2 days, I was at 5 places the map said had it. The bar didn't have it. Of the 4 distributors, the only one listed as getting bottles didn't even carry Stone. The other 3 didn't have it, weren't told if they were getting it, and if they were, they had no idea when they were.

Then I got a call from one of the stores that was supposed to have it on draft. They got in a case of bottles. By the time I got there, there was 1 left. I grabbed it. Managed to find 2 more to send out at another store I went to.

Had it last night. It was good. Not great. And the alcohol content was very well hidden. Considering a case was sold out in under 24 hours, it seems that unless I was in the store if they ever got another delivery, I'd probably never get my hands on another bottle. And I'm fine with that.
If you're willing to make the trek to Westchester they have this on tap at Birdsall House.  You could fill a couple growlers.

I had some dated Enjoy By 02.15.2013 myself! The second bottle I bought is still in my fridge.