• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing Boxes in humi?

I prefer a nice tight box.
That way the seal is juuuuust right!

I too prefer a tight box. Wait what was the question?

I like ones with just a little crack, not too big though.

Endowment problem, fellas?

Doc.

I'VE never had a problem with it, though I'd bet you could find some women that have.

I know I am pretty new to cigars but I do know about plastic and have hard time seeing plastic being good for long term aging. Understanding what happens to plastic and natural materials in plastic and sealed is even worse what happens to the chemicals that make up the plastic bag degrade and would go into the cigar itself. People thing of plastic as it will never go away but much of the chemicals making up the plastic do. My other question being how long plastic bags have really been around, yes invented in 1957 but was not widely used outside the business world till the 70s and truely did not gain popularity till the 80s in every day use. How could one say how good they would be for 20 year aging?

Just my thoughts for whatever there worth.

Tuttle, I am a relative newbie but can make a contribution to this discussion. If you will take a little bit of time and consult with our ISOM associates you see here; you will find one or two of them make specific comments about aging.

The bottom line is, "they feel that 5 years is about max on good aging; and ten years has been done.... with most flavors being lost."

The other thing that the botls here would say is, what are you saving them that long for. They should be enjoyed. If you use our search function, there is probably ample information to being with. Also, you might just get to know some of the botls and drop them a private line to seek their opinion.

Plastic; you will find the word tupperware all over this site, you will find we ship in plastic finger pouches and we store in plastic cooladors.

Do some due diligence here (punk lawyer - I used a good word :laugh: ) sorry, that is one of local members of the bar); and you will find a wealth of information which in the end will say aging is good, aging is needed or preferred at times, but the idea is to smoke them before your friends inherit them ( and we are YOUR FRIENDS HERE>)

There is no way that I'm signing up for a website to read about this method. It is madness... One thing that is important to know about the internet, just because someone talks about something on the internet doesn't mean "everybody does it" or that it is a particularly good idea. Internet forums concentrate the thoughts and actions of tens or hundreds of thousands of people into the voice of the most vocal 10. Also, just because this idea has spread on that particular forum doesn't mean that people are doing it elsewhere. I haven't seen anything about ziplocks for aging anywhere on this website, so according to your logic, no one does it...

"Slowing down the aging" or whatever they are talking about isn't necessarily a good thing. If your goal is to get rid of the ammonia, which would probably be job one, then exchanging the air around the cigars is the fastest way to do it.

Aside from being annoyingly complicated, it is just plain ugly. Who wants to open up their cabinet and see a bunch of ziplocks? Who wants to open up their desktop and smell plastic?... I seriously doubt it makes that much difference. I'll just stick to my plebeian storage methods using the boxes that the manufacturers shipped the cigars in.

And before it comes up, I'm pretty sure they cello or shrink wrap the outside of the boxes to hold in humidity, since the shipping boxes aren't humidified.
[/quote]

what??
ICC is the best and biggest onling website for cuban cigars...and this is not madness at all....or maybe Min Ron Nee and WayneN who probably has one of the largest collectiones of vintage cubans in the world just dont`t know what they are talking about.... yeah right...

And why do`s ALL serious collectors of cuban cigars around the world use this method if its just bullshit??

Don`t get me wrong, I don`t care how you store your cigars...but I find it strange that you will basically laugh at a method that you self know nothing about...maybe you should do a little reading on the subject, before you knock it.
And the reason for this not beeing discussed on the non-cuban website, is that this is for LONGTERM aging 10-20 years...who ages non-cubans for that long...?
So you might be right, because this is probably something that collectors of NC`s don`t need to know about...but this is one of the most discussed subjects in the CC world. And I thought that all cigar smokers would find it interesting to learn about correct aging tobacco...guess I was wrong.
[/quote]

Talk to some of the guys on CF.

Remember, the aging process these guys dicussed are within the past few decades.

What did people do before it and why would the change help? Scientifically speaking.

You've not brought those facts to light thou a discussion is warranted.

Don't forget, folks thought MTBEl in gas would be great....they just didn't know what it would do to the environment.

There is no way that I'm signing up for a website to read about this method. It is madness... One thing that is important to know about the internet, just because someone talks about something on the internet doesn't mean "everybody does it" or that it is a particularly good idea. Internet forums concentrate the thoughts and actions of tens or hundreds of thousands of people into the voice of the most vocal 10. Also, just because this idea has spread on that particular forum doesn't mean that people are doing it elsewhere. I haven't seen anything about ziplocks for aging anywhere on this website, so according to your logic, no one does it...

"Slowing down the aging" or whatever they are talking about isn't necessarily a good thing. If your goal is to get rid of the ammonia, which would probably be job one, then exchanging the air around the cigars is the fastest way to do it.

Aside from being annoyingly complicated, it is just plain ugly. Who wants to open up their cabinet and see a bunch of ziplocks? Who wants to open up their desktop and smell plastic?... I seriously doubt it makes that much difference. I'll just stick to my plebeian storage methods using the boxes that the manufacturers shipped the cigars in.

And before it comes up, I'm pretty sure they cello or shrink wrap the outside of the boxes to hold in humidity, since the shipping boxes aren't humidified.
[/quote]

what??
ICC is the best and biggest onling website for cuban cigars...and this is not madness at all....or maybe Min Ron Nee and WayneN who probably has one of the largest collectiones of vintage cubans in the world just dont`t know what they are talking about.... yeah right...

And why do`s ALL serious collectors of cuban cigars around the world use this method if its just bullshit??

Don`t get me wrong, I don`t care how you store your cigars...but I find it strange that you will basically laugh at a method that you self know nothing about...maybe you should do a little reading on the subject, before you knock it.
And the reason for this not beeing discussed on the non-cuban website, is that this is for LONGTERM aging 10-20 years...who ages non-cubans for that long...?
So you might be right, because this is probably something that collectors of NC`s don`t need to know about...but this is one of the most discussed subjects in the CC world. And I thought that all cigar smokers would find it interesting to learn about correct aging tobacco...guess I was wrong.
[/quote]

Obviously your intent is to come across as a sarcastic tool. Mission accomplished. WTF do you know that you haven't read on someone else's page? Jack squat. You're a "serious" collector? Shit hot. Send me the pics of your 10 to 20 year old aged smokes in plastic. I'm predicting an early exit for you.

Trey

Do you really know ALL serious collector of cuban cigars around the world? How many of the largest collections of vintage cubans in the world have you seen?

Your entire post is presumptuous supposition and arrogant. And as for your opening statement.... really? Nothing wrong with being a forum cheerleader and all.... but on a different board? You don't get out much, do you?

I think you guys should chill the f#@k out and go outside and have a smoke.

News flash - there are other cigar boards, some of which have great info. Register or not, choose to learn from them or not, it's up to you.

One guy's opinion......B.B.S.

I think you guys should chill the f#@k out and go outside and have a smoke.

News flash - there are other cigar boards, some of which have great info. Register or not, choose to learn from them or not, it's up to you.

One guy's opinion......B.B.S.

Excellent post, Tom. See you on Sat!

Excellent post, Tom. See you on Sat!
Yes you will, my friend...!! First one's on me...
thumbs-up.gif

On the subject of members providing information. IMHO the members here are very knowledgible and provide info from experience. If a person doesn't ageree then that is up to that person. The key here is to "Respectfully disagree" I have learned more here than just about anywhere else. If a veteran member here is kind enough to volunteer his or her knowlege, you probably got good info. This site is not the kiddy site. These people are the real thing. IMNSHO. :thumbs: