• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing boxes in humidor

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
Hey all, just had a quick newb question about the storage of boxes in a humidor.

I’m assuming most boxes are not air tight, so is it safe to assume that the ‘climate’ inside the box would acclimate to the climate of the humidor?

In a more simple form, do you guys put boveda packs in the boxes when storing inside a humidor, or do you just let the climates acclimate?

Cheers!

Nothing additional is needed, just put the boxes in your humidor and call it good. They will also help to regulate/stabilize it.
That’s a good selling point to my wife. “But Jess, if I don’t buy more boxes, my humidor will be unstable. I don’t think we could sleep at night knowing there’s a box of instability in the room below us.” 🤣

That’s a good selling point to my wife. “But Jess, if I don’t buy more boxes, my humidor will be unstable. I don’t think we could sleep at night knowing there’s a box of instability in the room below us.” 🤣

To her defense, empty boxes will work too, LOL. Just don't tell her that.

I feel pretty certain that she will see right through that statement. Just make sure you get her flowers or something as your box buying increases or she will find a more expensive hobby then yours.

Cabs conform more closely and uniformly to ambient conditions than dress boxes, but both can be stored the same.

To add another newb question...

How about the finer boxes that come in cardboard box. The outer cardboard box has the habanos sticker and the cuban govt label. Id like to save that, but do you guys put the fancy box with the cardboard box into the humidor? or just the finely laquered box pulled from the cardboard box.

Im asking b/c there could be long long term storage and perhaps a resale someday. Just trying to pick your brains

To add another newb question...

How about the finer boxes that come in cardboard box. The outer cardboard box has the habanos sticker and the cuban govt label. Id like to save that, but do you guys put the fancy box with the cardboard box into the humidor? or just the finely laquered box pulled from the cardboard box.

Im asking b/c there could be long long term storage and perhaps a resale someday. Just trying to pick your brains

Cabs conform more closely and uniformly to ambient conditions than dress boxes, but both can be stored the same.
I believe this is what Juanote was referring to.

I believe this is what Juanote was referring to.
Im not talking about a dress box. Im refering more to some of the more limited edition habanos, or reserva type offerings where the highly laquered box comes in a faux felt, and then this goes into a thinner cardboard box with stickers

Im not talking about a dress box. Im refering more to some of the more limited edition habanos, or reserva type offerings where the highly laquered box comes in a faux felt, and then this goes into a thinner cardboard box with stickers
I always put the lacquered box back inside the cardboard box, then back in the humidor. I like to keep the family together... example is the 898’s, sir winstons, behikes, cohibas, etc...