• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing ciars in tubos

bunn163A

I Finaly recieved a box of God of fire tubos.And i was wondering is it best to put these in the humidor in tubes or out.Or would you suggest i just keep them in the box they came in.Thanks for you Input

They will be fine either way. If we're talking long term storage, I might remove them but keep a few tubes around for if you want to grab one to go. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter, just a personal preference.

I Finaly recieved a box of God of fire tubos.And i was wondering is it best to put these in the humidor in tubes or out.Or would you suggest i just keep them in the box they came in.Thanks for you Input

I've always kept my tubos cigars in the tube. My reasoning was that they always act as a layer of protection for the cigars, especially if you plan on keeping them for a while.

I have this nasty habit of opening my humidor about once a day to get a nice big whiff of all of that tasty tobacco and cedar, and looking at all of my tasty cigars that I plan on smoking in the future. The tubes help protect the cigars from wear-and-tear, chipped wrappers, etc.

Plus, if you were to ever be unlucky enough to develop a mold or beetle problem, the tubos will act as a last line of defense to protect your most valuable cigars.

I've always kept my tubos cigars in the tube. My reasoning was that they always act as a layer of protection for the cigars, especially if you plan on keeping them for a while.

I have this nasty habit of opening my humidor about once a day to get a nice big whiff of all of that tasty tobacco and cedar, and looking at all of my tasty cigars that I plan on smoking in the future. The tubes help protect the cigars from wear-and-tear, chipped wrappers, etc.

Plus, if you were to ever be unlucky enough to develop a mold or beetle problem, the tubos will act as a last line of defense to protect your most valuable cigars.
OK,i got that.but do you put them in a humidor or leave them in the original box? Being in tubes of aluminum i dont see how they would get any humidity.this may seem stupid to ask but i dont know,And I would like too
Regards,Bill

You should sent me 2 of them. I will keep one long term in the tube and one long term w/o the tube and let you know in a few years :)

I leave mine in the tube but every few months I take the cap off and leave it in the humi uncapped for a week or so. Of course, it's easy for me to do because I have fewer than 10 tubos.

They need to be put into your humidor, with or without tubes is your preference.

Thank you! I have always been told good cigars dont come in tubes...I must say that the Don carlos God of fire is an awesome smoke.One of the best I have ever had! Burned great and was quite eventful with plenty of sweet and spicey spots.I truely enjoyed it.Tube or not this is a good smoke.Rubusto was the size if you wanted to know...... thanks Again guys!

OK,i got that.but do you put them in a humidor or leave them in the original box? Being in tubes of aluminum i dont see how they would get any humidity.this may seem stupid to ask but i dont know,And I would like too
Regards,Bill

As long as they are in the tube, it doesn't really matter if you store them as loose tubes, or if you store them as tubes-in-original-box. Not much humidity would get in, but not much would get out either. As long as the environment is a suitable cigar storage environment, then whatever little humidity got in or out would be ok for the cigars.

Personal preference note:

I like to keep my cigars in their original box for the most part, so I went out and made myself a coolidor. I tried storing a couple of boxes in my desktop and that didn't work out so well. Now I just move a few over for the daily smoke so I don't have to disturb the boxes too often.

FWIW, if storing cigars in their tubes was bad for them I don't think good B&M's would do it, but I see it all the time. Nothing to worry about.

Enjoy the smokes!

I know when I buy Davidoff tubos they have a neat feature where the outer and inner tubes both have a small cut-out section and if you rotate the outer tube it exposes the cedar wrap which is inside allowing the humidity to pass through. pretty neat little feature. as for any other tubos such as screw-caps I will twist the cap open just a little and place it in the humidor. but as usual its up to you. I dunno if that helps? just what I do.

I have this nasty habit of opening my humidor about once a day to get a nice big whiff of all of that tasty tobacco and cedar, and looking at all of my tasty cigars that I plan on smoking in the future.

Heh heh heh. Looks like I'm not the only one! :whistling:

Like Bluue13, I generally loosen the caps a bit---that said, I doubt any of them are "vacuum seal tight" to begin with, and while air exchange will likely be slow, very slow, it probably wouldn't be non-existent, even with the cap tight. Air outside the tubo being properly humidified means there won't be any gradual loss of humidity inside the tubo!

As far as keeping them in the box or not, if there's room for the box I leave them in it, just to keep things organized. I'm a little OCD about organized. :rolleyes:

BTW, speaking of GOF tubos, has anyone else found that the GOF Carlito Dbl. Busto tubos seem to be a LOT stronger than the non-tubo ones?

~Boar

i just purchased three Romeo y Julieta in tubos and they were very dry so i took them out of tubes and placed in humidor..hopefully it aint to late for them...

Thank you! I have always been told good cigars dont come in tubes...I must say that the Don carlos God of fire is an awesome smoke.One of the best I have ever had! Burned great and was quite eventful with plenty of sweet and spicey spots.I truely enjoyed it.Tube or not this is a good smoke.Rubusto was the size if you wanted to know...... thanks Again guys!

The person who told you that is on crack. There are horrible tubos (garcia y vega), good tubos (CAO), great tubos (fuente) and excellent tubos (GOF & Cohiba, so i've heard). I've seen everything from cheap gas station cigars all the way up to cubans and limited release fuente's in tubos. I don't generally buy them because they tend to be a little more expensive than a similar vitola without the tube, but its a great little collectors item if you're into that sort of thing.

Say.... I resemble that remark !!! :0 :D ;)

HAHA! My apologies for being blunt. To be honest, I do admit that there appears to be this assumption that all tubos are expensive and exquisite cigars, which couldn't be further from the truth.

It seems to me that tubos are used to try to add some class to a presentation... whether there is any substance has to be determined separately.

I do like tubos because I can grab one and throw it in my pocket and not have to worry as much about wrapper damage.