• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing Liquor

bugg4672

Before I ask my question let me give some details, I have a 48"w x 24"d x 80"h humidor cabinet. (picture below) The unit is controlled by a 120v 2 gallon humidifier that send humidity all over the cabinet even the bottom storage area. in the upper area I will have boxed cigars 2 shelves for CC and NC cigars and then a shelf for my other 2 desktop humidors, and 2 shelves for trays of single CC and NC cigars, until you have seen a unit this size you really cant imagine the room you have in it. The bottom area (the glass door area on bottom left) I want to store full liquor bottles. I have a few bottles of Cuban Rum, a few bottles of Clase Azul Ultra Tequila and others. Question is, I dont think it will affect my cigars any but will it harm the liquor to be stored in 65% RH

index.php

Ask yourself if they have liquor in tropical enviorments? ;)
That is such an excellent point, often overlooked, and can often cut through the bull and marketing crap in so many hobbies. Go to the source, or other environments, etc., and see what goes on, is the norm, etc. Can alleviate a lot of concerns.

Humid is actually good because it will keep the corks from drying out if they have one. With spirits though you don't want to store them on their side like you do with wine. The high proof can rot the corks and cause it to taint the alcohol.

Humid is actually good because it will keep the corks from drying out if they have one. With spirits though you don't want to store them on their side like you do with wine. The high proof can rot the corks and cause it to taint the alcohol.
Did not know that about rotting the cork, thanks.

Did not know that about rotting the cork, thanks.
Yea, I learned the dry cork thing the hard way. Had a full bottle of Beauchant whose cork dried and disintegrated into the spirits when I finally tried to open in. Controlled humidity probably would have prevented that.

It really isn't rotting the cork, the alcohol will disolve it given enough time.