• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stradivarius de los Maestros

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
The Stradivarius is a cigar that I have seen, but wouldn't pull the trigger at the M.S.R.P. Not long ago, a friend from another part of my life, gave me one to help me celebrate a special occasion. The Stradivarius has a very nice presentation in a beautiful coffin that includes a blue ribbon and seal. It has a very light Connecticut Shade Wrapper and a musical looking logo and band. Band? Ironic isn't it?

stradivariusandbox.jpg

Length/Ring: 6.7" x 43
Shape: Lonsdale Perejo
Wrapper: Connecticut Shade Wrapper
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic, Mexico and Nicaragua
Strength: Mild - Medium

Stradivarius1.jpg

I clipped the cap and took a dry draw that had a light earthy flavoring. I didn't know what to expect of this vitola so I put fire to this one and took a puff. Light, earthy with a slight spice. good flavor yet mild.

As I progressed into the first third, it started to get a little strength. Maybe medium at best. The ash was light gray and somewhat sturdy until I put it in the ash tray and knocked it off by accident. It did require a small touch up once. The smoke was dense for a lighter cigar, but aromatic. 

As I entered the second third, I was coming alive. I usually don't smoke a milder stick, but this had a very nice flavor to it. It took on a woodsy nuance. Could have been a Cedar or Mahogany taste, with a slight spice at the tongue.

Entering the third part, it was getting a flavor I couldn't recognize, but I was enjoying it. It only took about 50 minutes to smoke, but worth the experience.  

Stradivarius2.jpg

In conclusion, I can say that this was an unusual stick with a couple of twists with somewhat complex flavors, but is it worth the $30 price tag? You will have to try one yourself and be the judge of that. Thank you Bruce for the gift. 

Thanks for the review on a somewhat obscure cigar. I've yet to see these in any of the B&M's I frequent. I don't think I would ever try one at $30 a stick though, for that price I would rather get an Opus and still have enough money left over to pick up a couple nice, cheaper sticks. If someone gave one to me though, I would most certainly smoke it! It sounds like it was an enjoyable smoke though, and that was a nice review. :thumbs: