• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Streaming Music question

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I need a recommendation for a streaming platform that lets me listen to specific albums. Example is if I wanted to just listen to one particular album, say Eagles Greatest Hits, which platforms allows for that?

The artist has to be with that service...so it's really based on that.

Otherwise, try them out.

The important thingy be for you to make Playlists.

I think Spotify would be worth a shot?

I use Amazon music unlimited and was an early adopter years ago. At the time it had a function where it imported the tags from your mp3/flac/whatever library and added them as owned music. They discontinued that service but I am grandfathered in and refuse to “upgrade” so they can’t take my music away. That aside, I have almost never run into a specific album I was looking for that wasn’t available through the streaming library.

We use Spotify. We pay for the premium and have it streaming for at least 20 hours today in at least 2 places

I switched to Tidal last year after years with Apple. I like it better, and have found any song I’ve looked for.

I switched to Tidal last year after years with Apple. I like it better, and have found any song I’ve looked for.
What do you like better about Tidal? I've never tried it. I use a service called Distrokid to publish my music to the streaming sites, and I know Tidal is on that list but I've never checked it out. I only get artist streaming reports from Amazon, Apple, and Spotify so I don't even know if my stuff has ever been streamed there.

There is a lot of music on youtube as well. Especially if you pay for premium, I can find virtually anything on there.

thank you guys for the recommendations. I’ll try my way through what’s been recommended.
I have been wanting to just listen to albums, start to finish, rather then listen to all the artists that sound like them without the ability to skip around.

What do you like better about Tidal? I've never tried it. I use a service called Distrokid to publish my music to the streaming sites, and I know Tidal is on that list but I've never checked it out. I only get artist streaming reports from Amazon, Apple, and Spotify so I don't even know if my stuff has ever been streamed there.
The reasons that I remember going with Tidal (and my memory is not that good), is higher quality Bluetooth streaming, higher quality downloads, and they pay the artists more per stream.

YMMV…

Apple Music

I've never had any problems finding exactly what I am looking for on there, though I'll admit I don't go searching around for stuff as often as I should.

thank you guys for the recommendations. I’ll try my way through what’s been recommended.
I have been wanting to just listen to albums, start to finish, rather then listen to all the artists that sound like them without the ability to skip around.
I think youll need to make play lists.
With that said, youtube posts sometimes have albums.

BTW- I use the free pandora app for channels- I don't mind a few ad breaks.

The Mrs likes Sirius for the content.

I have seen some albums on YouTube...but it's hit or miss.

You could go back to burning your own content 😀

I have been wanting to just listen to albums, start to finish
Here are a couple screenshots I took from a quick search on Tidal. I put in Eagles, clicked Albums, and picked one. The second pic is the playlist for the selected album.

IMG_5120.pngIMG_5121.png

ETA: I guess Bat Out of Hell was the last song I listened to…😁

Nobody mentioned Pandora radio. I have been using Pandora exclusively for years, 10 dollars a month for premium unlimited. Download and play offline is my favorite feature.

I have used a few services and their premium options and always go back to Pandora.
Screenshot_20240210-161530_Pandora.jpgScreenshot_20240210-161547_Pandora.jpg

I started off of Slaker a few years back - they are Live One now. They did well with curated playlists, underground and deep cuts, etc. but I would run into new things not being available. I'm on Spotify Premium now - I've bee totally happy with it.