• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

String of bad luck...

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
.....ain't no shit!  I just bought a new house over here in Durham, MO.  Within the last month I've had the fridge, dishwasher and my truck all go down.  Hell, dang mice chewed through the injector wires of the truck!!!  Then, if that wasn't bad enough, went to play sand volleyball on Monday and tore the extensor tendon in my pinky finger clean in half!!!!  What the puck.

Anyway, surgery should be early next week.  I'm hoping all goes well.  Really pissed about it.

As for the fridge, I'm bickering with the home warranty company now.  Not looking good since they too have to approve the dishwasher repair.  Hoping for the best, yet expecting the worst.

Oh well, rant over.  Still have the QSH to look forward to.

Floyd T.

Wow! That sucks man, been there before though! Here's hoping everything will work out for ya!

Ouch!  That's a rough start...but it should only be able to get better.

Hang in there Floyd...better days are comin'! 

Good luck with that Home Warranty crap...the one time I tried to use them, they failed miserably. It's almost worthless with all the disclaimer they have in their paperwork. Next time I bought, I had money put into an escrow account for 6 months after the closing to cover crap like you're going through. We live & learn bro!

Hope the surgery goes well and try and enjoy the holiday!  :thumbs:

Damn Floyd play the lottery since you are on a roll! I hope the surgery goes well and the stuff gets repaired under the HOW. Just pick a nice spot out back and burn a good cigar or two!

Thanks fellas.  Actually, I was just aggravated with all the news at once.  I have life by the ass, with a great wife, good dogs and wonderful family on all sides!    I'm just looking forward to everything settling in and having a "normal" life again.  All is GREAT!!!

Happy 4th to all y'all!

Floyd T.

PS: The Home Warranty interaction may keep my blood boiling for a while yet.  We'll see.

.....ain't no shit!  I just bought a new house over here in Durham, MO.  Within the last month I've had the fridge, dishwasher and my truck all go down.  Hell, dang mice chewed through the injector wires of the truck!!!  Then, if that wasn't bad enough, went to play sand volleyball on Monday and tore the extensor tendon in my pinky finger clean in half!!!!  What the puck.

Anyway, surgery should be early next week.  I'm hoping all goes well.  Really pissed about it.

As for the fridge, I'm bickering with the home warranty company now.  Not looking good since they too have to approve the dishwasher repair.  Hoping for the best, yet expecting the worst.

Oh well, rant over.  Still have the QSH to look forward to.

Floyd T.
Look on the bright side, throw in a fight and some drinking and you've got a hit country song.

Doc

Sorry for your challenges. I went through a few years of absolute madness, one thing after another, non-stop. I'm old enough to know that these things pass, and our "Phoenix" rises stronger and wiser. Don't know if that helps, but I feel it is true for those of us who approach life thoughtfully. Get that hand fixed first. Appliances can be fixed and replaced, body parts, no so much. 
All the best to you.

Indeed, MadMonk.

I found it somewhat entertaining yesterday that my "schlep rock" luck followed me to St. Louis.  I was visiting a friends house for the 4th.  We had just gotten ALL of the food situated on a glass top patio table (big one,  with umbrella) and the sum booger shattered!  All the food hit the ground and glass pieces were everywhere.  Fortunately, I had a plate with some food on it, so all was not lost. Then, at the end of the night, I went inside and my friends sink/garbage disposal was clogged up!!!

This too shall pass!  All is good.

Floyd T.

PS: While there, I got a call from my wife.  Her car started rough and the check engine light came on.  It appears as though the mice have gone to her car now and chewed her wires!!!  I'm going on a mouse killing spree!!  Game on.

Hey, welcome to Missouri.  It will get better for you.

Polar magnetic fields, or ancient alien technology connecting various points on the earth with the Great Pyramids, Stonehenge, Nazca Plains and others hidden in the Arch or the Cahokia tribal burial grounds, cause the phenomenon you have been experiencing to occur. :)  

Golfgar, I'm believing it.  StL was a mess of diff issues too.  Dog dies within first 10 days there.  Apt bldg stuck by lightning and caught fire w/in 2 months.  Torrential rain caused my wifes car to get flooded.  Transformer just outside of bldg blew up, TWICE!!!  What can ya do.  My sis thinks it's Kentucky calling me back home.  :)

Like it's been said, this to shall pass.  Hopefully sooner than later.

Finger gets pinned on Thursday.  Probably 2 - 3 months for it to heal.  Ain't stopping me from going to QSH though!!!!  Will def be ready for a few drinks and smokes with friends by then.

Floyd T.

WTF???  Damn, Floyd T!  Too bad I won't be joining you with MT and BT at the HERF.  Would have loved to be there.

Floyd my friend, in the grand scheme of things...if those are ALL your problems...you got no problems. All fixable with a little patience and money. 

Floyd,

Sorry for the crappy issues but seems like it is easily solved with a nice big pour of bourbon!

See you at the QSH!

-Rob

Been there myself. So far this year I've had to replace the fridge, washer, dryer, do a $700 repair on my wife's van, over $1k on dr bills for my kids (this after $8k in medical bills last year), my car bit the dust (cracked block) which I still haven't replaced... when it rains it pours!

uptown_isy said:
WTF???  Damn, Floyd T!  Too bad I won't be joining you with MT and BT at the HERF.  Would have loved to be there.
Isy, sorry to hear that, Brother.  Would love to get up with ya.  It's been way to long.

Sorry to hear this Floyd. Things have a way of righting themselves though.

My guess is Floyd pissed off the wrong Sicilian woman.

Doc