• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strongest cigars you have smoked

Opus X no. 4 and Opus X Power Rangers seem to be pretty Strong Cigars. I have felt those more than the LFD Chisel.
Smoke one of those on an empty stomach, and report back.

Tonight is the night. Going to smoke a Power Ranger on an empty stomach and see what happens. I will let everyone know after how it went.

Ok guys, I think I might be in trouble here in a little bit. 1/3 of the way through the Power Ranger with an empty stomach and I feel like I have a frog in my throat, I am sweating like a dog, and I am scared to death to stand up. mmburtch commented and said "why don't you just hit your thumb with a hammer while you are at it". By the time this is over, that might have been the better option. It is however, a damn good cigar! We'll see how the rest goes.

If you're still on this plane, eat a couple/three tsp of sugar. That will get you feeling a bit better. Keep the bucket handy...just in case.

Ok, it has been over for a couple of hours now and I am fine. Everything really started to get better about half way through, probably because I was downing a Mountain Dew pretty quick. This probably had the same effect as the sugar. I have to be honest though, I have a ripping headache right now. I don't think I will try that again, smoking something like that on an empty stomach. I am however, looking forward to trying other strong cigars, just next time I will eat first. Well, at least I can say I tried it and survived, proud of myself for not needing a bucket. Next up, I think I will pick up the Joya De Nicaragua Antano.

I am going to order some JDN Antano 1970 just for the ass kicking, how do they stack up against the LFD Chisel and the Opus X Power Ranger.
I have a LFD Chisel that I have not smoked yet ( I want to keep it for a few months more ) a few Tat's , a Af anejo shark and a # 55 but I was after something really kickass ( strong/full ) any Ideas guy's.
Thanks in advance.

I am going to order some JDN Antano 1970 just for the ass kicking, how do they stack up against the LFD Chisel and the Opus X Power Ranger.
I have a LFD Chisel that I have not smoked yet ( I want to keep it for a few months more ) a few Tat's , a Af anejo shark and a # 55 but I was after something really kickass ( strong/full ) any Ideas guy's.
Thanks in advance.
The Antano's are sheer "power" but are still enjoyable (see pricepoint). I would compare to an NC version of young RyJ cazadores.

The LFD's are more complex (read delicious) and strong at the same time. Litto in general does a great job of hiding a ton of ligero in his cigars without being invasive.

I haven't had a Power Ranger yet that I thought was great, JMHO. Good, strong: yes. Worth the $... :rolleyes:
Anejo's not so strong.

Whats the "strongest" cigar anyone here has ever had? Something that had a lot of kick, tons of flavor, or something that you couldn't even finish. Top five, off of my head, in no order...

#1 Joya de Nicaragua Anatano 1970
#2 La flor dominicana double ligero
#3 Camacho corojo (brown label)
#4 Camacho coyolar puro (black label)
#5 La Gloria Cubana (can't remember specific series...)

Luckily, none of the above have made me , but I beleive i've smoked them all on a full stomach...

SPAM LINK REMOVED BY CP

PUNCH PUNCH.

well, the first PP i ever had. prob cause i was a newb smoker at the time, but wow. knocked me out!

LFD Small Batch #3. If you smoke it on an empty stomach you will be only millimeters away from seeing carebears.

+1 on the Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970. glad i was sitting down.

The strongest cigar I have had recently was the Viaje Zombie...bout knocked me out...

I had a LF Small Batch No. 2 lat night that reminded me of this thread. I broke into a sweat as I passed the 1/3 mark and started getting a lump in my throat. I slowed down and by the half way point all was good again.

LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro........empty stomach..........bourbon neat