• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strongest ISOMs

Harris,

I'm surprised that you added the Invictos to your list. I've found these to me quite mild yet very flavorful.

What year do you have?
Mine from 2000 were a bit on the light side, but are starting to come around. What's left of my 96's are pretty strong.

If you can, drop the humidity on these a little.
-Rob

1998s. Don't get me wrong. They are good I just don't think they're strong.

My first impression of the Invicto's were that they were perfect in the morning with a cup of coffee. The longer that they sat in the cooler, the stronger they got. I won't say they DBL'd in strentgh, but they are a different animal now.

The Invictos I had were from 1998 and they were strong cigars, huge nose on them. I was totally surprised at the time because everyone used to talk about how mild Fonsecas were.

They did get stronger as they got older, I still have one left from that box. I haven't bought anymore because while a decent smoke they weren't good enough to make my rotation.

1998 BBF
1997 Diplo #2

Both smoked in '03. Otherwise for the young smokes I say the BBF's.

The Invictos I had were from 1998 and they were strong cigars, huge nose on them. I was totally surprised at the time because everyone used to talk about how mild Fonsecas were.

I'm smoking through a box of Fonseca #1s right now that I would certainly say are on the medium to full strength side of things. Surprising since one of my favorite cigars, the Cosaco, is NOTHING like the #1s I have. I was actually hoping for a 'larger Cosaco' when I bought them and that they aren't.

The cohiba lanceros are pretty strong, about as strong as they get to me.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'd be curious to know what everyone's opinion is based on their experiences. So.... which to you are the strongest cc's? And, do you actually find that some cigars get stronger with age?

For myself the "strongest" CC for me was a RASS from 08. Not only was it strong but had great flavour to me, but that's just my .02. I've had some BBF from 07 that have been smoking fantastic and are power houses as well, just to me not as strong as the RASS.

EDIT:Just remebered about the BBF.

For myself the "strongest" CC for me was a RASS from 08. Not only was it strong but had great flavour to me, but that's just my .02. I've had some BBF from 07 that have been smoking fantastic and are power houses as well, just to me not as strong as the RASS.

I also have some TEB ABR 08 RASS and I experienced the same. Damn I love that cigar. :love:

I also have some TEB ABR 08 RASS and I experienced the same. Damn I love that cigar. :love:

I just ordered a 50 Cab of them from TEB NOV 08. Needless to say I can't wait to get this.

As I posted in another thread...for modern day Cuban cigars, I would say the two strongest would be the Romeo Y Julitea Cazadores and the Ramon Allones Celestial Finos. Don't know of any Cuban cigars off of the top of my head that have gotten stronger with age. Most if not all, in my experience, get mellower.

I just ordered a 50 Cab of them from TEB NOV 08. Needless to say I can't wait to get this.

Very nice indeed. :thumbs:

The Partagas Corona when properly aged is an extremely complex and flavorful cigar. Along with the Upmann and Ramon Allones the best Cuban corona on the market.

If you are looking for strong as in a LFD Chisel or some of the strong putrid Camachos then you will not find it in any Cuban cigar. For Cuban cigars with the most strength then here is a list of cigars that I feel are on the stronger side with some nice nose. Note that this list is for cigars that have been properly aged.

Partagas Seri Du Connoisseur 1

Upmann Monarchs and 2's

Monte 2

RyJ Cazadore

Bolivar CE

Partagas Lonsdale

Punch Super Selection 2

Quai D'Orsay Panatela

Punch Ninfas

Cohiba Corona Especiales

Fonseca Invicto

Yes young Cuban cigars in many cases will be stronger than properly aged ones. There are however many Cuban cigars that will get stronger the longer you age them. Upmann 2's and Monarchs are a couple of such cigars.

Strength for the sake of strength is a new phenomena that has happened in the last few years in the cigar industry. Mfgs are making strong cigars that have absolutely no balance because there is a market for them. For some reason there are a bunch of smokers who are looking for sheer power so they can get a buzz off the cigar. Cigars like these are not good cigars, they are just strong. When I smoke a cigar I am looking for complex flavors and enough strength to feel the cigars as I exhale the smoke through my nose. Cigars like the LFD Chisel and other cigars loaded with ligero are not cigars that I smoke or care to have in my collection. Yes I have tried a bunch of these cigars but none have made it into my rotation.

The strongest cigars I smoke are Opus X and Ashton VSG's, these are strong cigars but have plenty of flavor and complexity.

Harris nailed it, as usual.

Harris,

I'm surprised that you added the Invictos to your list. I've found these to me quite mild yet very flavorful.
Not defining terminology could be leading to confusion. That's why a consensus of terms is so important.

Here is how it was introduced to me:

Strength = nicotine level
Flavor = kinda obvious but does not include strength OR body.
Body = feel on the mouth(i.e. creamy, biting)
Finish = lingering taste after a puff

It doesn't really matter how these are defined. But as long as everyone is on the same page there is no confusion.

So a cigar bursting with flavor and body MAY be weak on strength. Or vice versa.

Partagas XV dinner smoke put a hurt'n on me the first time I smoked it... And believe it or not, a Quintero short robusto (French regional) caught me off guard. It had some serious flavour and power to it.

Reading this old thread reminds me of the times I spent all day at Harris' house smoking with him. Just soaking up the knowledge he gave out like a mentor does. It's been two years or so since I've seen him but I still retain much of what he said. Makes me think I'll call him up tomorrow and say hello.

For guys new to Cubans, read his posts on this thread. Spot on they were.

I just smoked a surprisingly strong Cuban cigar. I remembered this thread and to share. :)

RASCC just reiterated to me the smaller-packages adage. These are very tasty and quite strong.