• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stuff I'm working on

Asel.mike

Professional nerd
Every time I make or work on something nowadays I look at it and wish I could share it with everyone on the forum. The thread is of course open to everyone else to post what theyre working on too!!! (it can be absolutely anything, a dish of food, woodworking, welding, an interpretive dance)
So lets see what everybody is working on!

I am working on smoking a Mi Barrio. Sorry no pics. What about you Asel.Mike?

I try not to buy gifts for people, but instead make them. So the past 2 or three weeks my shop has been santa's workshop. I've got all kinds of pictures from different projects but here's some of a star I made for my grandma's house.

6566608147_c80b4b1c98.jpg

First I cut all the pieces out of sheet metal.

6566607743_7b6a200334.jpg

Next all the pieces got a 90 degree bend down the middle courtesy of the vice.

6566609271_1cf0c0ddb9.jpg

Next they all got welded together and the welds were ground down slightly.

6566608641_62da8209c8.jpg

Finally I sprayed the whole thing with Hydrogen Peroxide and vinegar and put it face down in a grill full of coals for two hours. Then a quick rub down with steel wool and TAAA DAAA. Grandma's Texas star for her house.

I'll post other projects sometime.

I (with my wife) finished putting up, finishing and painting our crown molding. The first 80% was easy but the painting and finishing touches took for ever to finish. Now it's done!

Working diligently. Two down, two to go. Then dinner and some smokes over at a friend's house here in the vilage.

guinness_4_pack.jpg

Last weekend's project...new intake gasket. $90 in parts and supplies and took 2 friggin days. But saved me $1700 in shop labor. :thumbs:

^^^^all because of a $15 gasket and some old RTV... :angry:

I'm helping my buddy make a peddle plane for his granddaughter. Her's will be a pink J-3 Cub:

cub_pedalplans.1.jpg

The finish on that table is awesome! Musta been alot of work.
What wood species is that?

All great things being accomplished.
Great job to all.

edited for second thoughts

I'd post my latest humidor but that's not allowed. So here's a turning Imade for my dad for Christmas and another one I did for a recent contest. (camen in 7th place nation wide)
400280073.jpg

398363891.jpg

398363890.jpg

398360985.jpg

I did this one for a great friend. He actually makes the tools I use to turn these.
399688888.jpg

399688881.jpg

HM those are incredible. How did you get 7th? I can't imagine anything more intricate.

Thanks very much. In the wood turning world, segmented turning isn't as widely accepted as natural turnings. The people that came in ahead of me were definitely deserving though. They are incredibly talented. Might have also been due to my crappy photography. I'm working on that though.

Last weekend's project...new intake gasket. $90 in parts and supplies and took 2 friggin days. But saved me $1700 in shop labor. :thumbs:

^^^^all because of a $15 gasket and some old RTV... :angry:

Gotta love the 5.7 that Chevy came out with. I finished doing that to my 99 Denali a couple months ago, the PO had mixed the orange and green coolant and basically turned the coolant into an acidic sludge. I had to get the intake manifold hot tanked and surfaced, then had a flush a huge amount of water through the block to get all the crap out. It was a major PIA to do, but saved my a boat load of cash!

Did you need to get the manifold surfaced, or were you lucky enough to just blow the gasket?

ETA - I spent the day in the garage replacing the wheel bearings, rotors, pads, brake bleeding, oil change, and general checkup on my 98 S-10. Tomorrow I plan on cleaning the garage out and maybe washing the cars.