• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggest a Flake for me

bilder

Tax refund hits today and I am going to buy some pipe goodies.

One thing I am thinking of trying is a flake tobacco. Never tried one and was wondering what you guys might suggest.

Any flake junkies out there?

Penzance

I want to take this blend out to dinner. I want to wine and dine this tobacco. I want to take this flake away on romantic weekends to Mexico or the Mediterranean. I want to buy Penzance diamonds and pearls. I want to make sweet sweet love to this tobacco for the rest of my life.

(I didn't just say that out loud did I?)

:blush:

I agree with Alan, Penzance is a go-to baccy. Depending on your tastes, I have recently opened a tin of MacBarens Navy Flake. Very good Vaper with a touch of Cavendish for sweetness. Also you may look into the Rattrays blends. Old Gowrie and Hal o' Wynd are both extremely enjoyable. Really I could keep going. There are tons of good flakes out there. Is there any aricular blend you really enjoy so we can use that as a comparison point?

Edit: Ok saw your avatar so I am going to run with it. C&D has some very good English or Balkan flakes. Look into Star of the East. This is a fairly new blend, and a Latakia bomb. If you enjoy the "smokeyness" of latakia, this is a blend you will like. It is in very loose flake form so it is easy to work with.

Hillary Clinton.........not only a flake but a maniacal nutbag!

University Flake, Irish Flake, Erinmore, Escudo, Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake, Wessex Burley Slice, 1792......

Well I done did it.

Was going to buy a zippo pipe lighter, but that flat black Corona Old Boy was just too tempting....

Of the flake choices they had, I bought a tin of 1792. It is...interesting. I did not rub it out enough, but managed to smoke a bowl anyway. Not sure how to describe the taste of the stuff. Not bad, but unlike any pipe tobacco I have tried so far. Will have to practice rubbing it out to really get an idea of the taste of this stuff.

That 1792 leaves quite the ghost in my experience. Just FYI.

I just got the flat black Old Boy today! I really like it, but I wish I would have gotten the black & chrome. The flint dust really shows on that flat black finish. I'll learn to live with it I suppose.

That 1792 leaves quite the ghost in my experience. Just FYI.

Learned that the hard way. My Peterson has an interesting aroma in it now. Think I smoked the tobacco too moist as it needed lots of relights and really gummed up my pipe. Took more than the usual post smoke cleaning to get the goo out of my pipe. From what I have read online about the 1792, it seems the relight issues are common.

Will let it dry for a bit and give it another go.

For Flake tobacco....I really enjoy the Dunhill Light Flake.

For Flake tobacco....I really enjoy the Dunhill Light Flake.
Nice to have you posting around here, Loren. :) Don't be a stranger!

I enjoyed some Full Virginia Flake last night, it was damn tasty. I didn't have any trouble keeping it lit at all and the aroma wasn't unpleasant in the slightest. Pack a small bowl, though. This one lasts awhile.