• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions/ opinions on a box for Memorial Day

Pipe Smoker

Every year we have a large Memorial Day party - lots of local folks and a bunch of old friends from New York converge on our house here in Philly for an entire weekend of debauchery. I was thinking about getting a box of cigars to have available this year, but as most of the folks will be casual smokers at best, I don't really want to drop too much coin.

So far I am deciding between:
Panacea Red Classic Robusto (box 20 for ~$80 after discount)
Padron 2000 (5 4 packs for ~$88)
Tatuaje Sieres P Robusto - (box 20 for ~$67)

I'm leaning toward the Panacea right now, but I a welcome any comments - or alternative suggestions.

I know that not to many people will agree with me on this, but I reckon a box of Spirit Of Cuba Habano $43 and not so bad a smoke as to offend.

CAO Brazilia
RyJ Cask Aged
Punch Rare Corojo
Macanudo
Casa Torano maduro

Check out the boxes on CigarBid.com.
Usually the best deals, overall.

Chemyst :cool:

Of the cigars you have listed the Panaceas or Padrons would be my top choice. Quality cigars, good price, solid smokes for the novice and seasoned smoker alike.

How about some Oliva Connecticut Reserves? Since most are casual smokers, you don't want to go too full bodied. The Oliva CT's have great flavor for smoking every now and then. They are priced great as well.

How about some Oliva Connecticut Reserves? Since most are casual smokers, you don't want to go too full bodied. The Oliva CT's have great flavor for smoking every now and then. They are priced great as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to swing by the store and grab one to try, I've only ever had Olivia Serie V.

PM Keystone_Raider on pricing for a box of Padron 2000. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quote and the service. He's currently taking orders.

PM Keystone_Raider on pricing for a box of Padron 2000. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quote and the service. He's currently taking orders.

Now thats excellent advice.. My first box ever was from Jim, Padron 2000 maduro..

One of my favorite "cheap" smokes is the Mayorga Maduro Robusto. A box can be had for a little more than $40.