• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Summer Party Drink

hudsonvalley

MMMM...Ember
The summer, outdoor, herfin', groooovin season is upon us. Or close enough to warrant attention. What is your favorite libation for a summer party? I am having the first one of the season Sat.

Mine is a loaded Corona, that is a Corona with a shot of Limon Bacardi after the first sip and, of course, the traditional slice of lime. Like wearing white I usually wait till after Memorial Day to have one but got an early start. Very refreshing.

Shanty. Had it for the first time down in Jamaica. Half Red Stripe, half lemonade. Real lemonade. Yeah, it's not strong, but you can drink them from sun up to sun up, and still be walking around.

Grey Goose & Tonic water on ice with a splash of lime. :thumbs: Refreshing!

Dave's Tropical Paradise (JK) 1 part each Cruzan dark rum, your choice of lemon-lime soda, and pineapple juice. It also works with orange juice instead of pineapple. Try it you will be hooked :laugh: .
Dave

Dave's Tropical Paradise (JK) 1 part each Cruzan dark rum, your choice of lemon-lime soda, and pineapple juice. It also works with orange juice instead of pineapple. Try it you will be hooked :laugh: .
Dave

Ok I'll try that. Sounds real good.

Just tried a 5 o'clock
2 parts pineapple juice
1 part rum (I used light sure dark would be good as well)
1 part peach schnapps
Dash of grenadine

Very good as well!

Gin and Tonic

Scurvy Pirate -OJ, Limejuice, LemonJuice, Captain Morgan (I make these in huge, sangria-like, pitchers with lots of fruit.)

And, of course, Margaritas.

Oh come on already where are all the old guys? A Tom Collins is the drink once the weather turns warm. :D

I second the Tom Collins.. I also seem to drink alot of Bloody Marys in the summer months. Must be the brunch...

Also Red Label and Ginger Ale is quite refreshing.

Ah, summer, when the weather warms up and I put away my beloved bock beers and Islay whiskies (well, for the most part, but they do reappear :whistling: ) in favor of lighter refreshments. Hefeweizens, pale ales (English, not IPA's, which I understand are really English too, but you know what I mean :rolleyes: ), Boulevard Irish Ale (!) and the lighter Highland whiskies are the summer drinks for me, with the occasional G&T thrown in when I'm in the mood (not often). Of course the stouts, porters and dunkelweizens are pretty much year-rounders, as are smokier non-Islay whiskies (Oban & Highland Park, for the most part :love: ).

Colorado Bulldog
Khalua
Vodka
Coke
Half and Half

Mmm, can drink them all night.

Oh where to begin.

I guess for a refreshing drink I go with Stoli O, soda water and a splash of OJ. Tastes just like an orangina. Not as sweet as a 007.

Rum punch - light, dark, oj, pineapple, splash of cran and a pinch of nutmeg, shaken.

If the blender is out, then a bushwacker or maybe a dirty pina colada.