• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

** Sun Storm Trick**

Pugman1943

Seriously, we are now receiving the effects of the big sun storm two days ago. Because of the severe magnetics involved, I currently have a five foot metal handle broom standing straight up in our kitchen... with nothing supporting it. The magnetism from the storm is that strong.

Try it. You might be surprised.

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

I've seen numerous pictures of this on FB and haven't tried it.

Is that what you call what happens in your bedroom........?? "broom in the air" 😄

Maybe if you weren't leaning it on the table it would stand on it's own?

Damn now I need to buy a broom on the way home and try this.

It has nothing to do with the solar flares. I had always "heard" it was due to the Spring equinox but........

http://www.snopes.com/science/equinox.asp

I was "Mr. Popular" in the office again yesterday. I had four employees trying to balance a broom in the break room. When I asked them what they were doing, several iof them tried to explain to me that "a metal broom will stand up straight in the air because of the solar flare". I told them that they were all nuts and to get back to work.

One of them told me that she read it on Facebook and it was true.

Ten minutes later, Facebook was blocked from our company internet.

I was "Mr. Popular" in the office again yesterday. I had four employees trying to balance a broom in the break room. When I asked them what they were doing, several iof them tried to explain to me that "a metal broom will stand up straight in the air because of the solar flare". I told them that they were all nuts and to get back to work.

One of them told me that she read it on Facebook and it was true.

Ten minutes later, Facebook was blocked from our company internet.

I just showed this to my wife and we both got a great laught out of it.

Paul

That's nothing, a broom is my mother-in-law's main mode of transportation....

It has nothing to do with the solar flares or magnetic fields.

Years ago we used to go into the grocery store and stand up a bunch of brooms all down the aisle. Then hid around the end and watched as shoppers came down that row trying to avoid the magically standing brooms.

Kids.... :laugh: