• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Super Premiums (Are They Really Worth It?)

It is your right to treat yourself to the best in life, because no one else will.

That's assuming price = best cigar. That simply is not the case. There are many lower cost cigars out there that are better than the high end stogies. Marketing and status symbols are the reason for the high price. Also, in some cases, availability of the tobacco used for the blend. I don't feel that the "super premiums" are worth the $.

That's assuming price = best cigar. That simply is not the case. There are many lower cost cigars out there that are better than the high end stogies. Marketing and status symbols are the reason for the high price. Also, in some cases, availability of the tobacco used for the blend. I don't feel that the "super premiums" are worth the $.
...that's an extraordinarily broad brush you choose to paint premium smokes with. Much like wine or spirits, price and quality usually go together, though it's sometimes not the case. Doesn't mean none of the "expensive" stuff is worth the money.

This debate needs some research; I shall retire to the deck with a Padron 80th in natural wrapper and a solid two fingers of the Cheiftan Cigar Malt. More data is absolutely required..... :laugh:

Cheers - B.B.S.

That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. You go smoke your $26 stick and I'll enjoy 5 of my $5 sticks that taste better. Don't forget to call all your friends and tell them what you are smoking so you can get that pat on the back for "making it".

That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. You go smoke your $26 stick and I'll enjoy 5 of my $5 sticks that taste better. Don't forget to call all your friends and tell them what you are smoking so you can get that pat on the back for "making it".
That was totally uncalled for.

Are you the only one entitled to an opinion?

This thread went the wrong way a few posts ago. Why can't people enjoy what they enjoy without being made out to be on some sort of ego trip? Some of you people really need to grow up. :rolleyes:

While you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine as well. Personal attacks are completely uncalled for and way, way out of line.

My friends visit frequently and share my good fortune; no phone calls are required.

B.B.S.

This thread went the wrong way a few posts ago. Why can't people enjoy what they enjoy without being made out to be on some sort of ego trip? Some of you people really need to grow up. :rolleyes:

Hey now, my post " a few posts ago" was just ment as a joke. I don't really think people are all that often tring to impress people with the cigars they smoke. Please don't take it too seriously.

LOL! I love it. Now the FOGS will line up to throw rotten tomatoes at me. He questioned MY opinion, I did not question his. If you want to flame, go ahead.

Hey now, my post " a few posts ago" was just ment as a joke. I don't really think people are all that often tring to impress people with the cigars they smoke. Please don't take it too seriously.
Having known you from the board (and seeing the emoticon) I realize that. I guess it just kind of rankles me when people start talking the same way. A lot of times they aren't joking and they are real a-holes. I apologize for overreacting to your particular post. :)

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people don't understand that kind of post as being sarcastic and they see an opening to spout off their opinion while discounting the fact that others hold differing opinions. Most of the time they do it while throwing in a snide remark or a thinly veiled (or blatant) insult.

I think this may be what has happened here.

LOL! I love it. Now the FOGS will line up to throw rotten tomatoes at me. He questioned MY opinion, I did not question his. If you want to flame, go ahead.
Dude, you need to chill...

Get away from the computer for a while, have a drink and a fine cigar of your choice.

But you are getting way out of line.

I apologize for the "pat on the back" statement. It was out of line. I concede the point that if you like a cigar, you smoke it, no matter the cost. I stick by my opinion though about the super premiums.

....edited to remove confrontational reply.

No more gas on a stupid fire.....just not worth it.

B.B.S.

Amazingly, he was able to question your opinion respectfully.

Answering his post by completely dismissing his point of view (and incidentally, others who share that opinion) as simply wanting a pat on the back for "making it" (whatever that means) was blatantly disrespectful.

No one is flaming you. You're just being called on your insulting post.

EDITED TO ADD:

Obanion's apology was posted while I was typing this. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... :)

So how is the research coming BBS? :whistling:
I can say without question that this 80th and the Cheiftain are better than any Grape Own or bottle of "Night Train" I have here. No question in my limited mind...... :laugh:

It is your right to treat yourself to the best in life, because no one else will.

Your putting words into my mouth that just are not there.

One of the best cigars I've ever had was a 30 dollar cigar, another cost me 4 dollars and change. But did I hesitate for a moment to buy that 30 dollar cigar? No. I decided to treat myself and enjoyed the experience immensely.

This debate needs some research; I shall retire to the deck with a Padron 80th in natural wrapper and a solid two fingers of the Cheiftan Cigar Malt. More data is absolutely required..... :laugh:

Cheers - B.B.S.
I like the way you think!

Cheers, my friend. :thumbs:

Wilkey

This discussion just strikes me as silly. Value is about as subjective as taste......you've got to try the cigar for yourself to form an opinion.

Luxury and value will never go hand and hand. I for one embrace the concept.