• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Surgery in 2 days

Good Luck Brother.

If I may ask..

Where are they taking the graft from to do the ACL recon?
Is he also reconing the MCL ? ( Not common, But maybe he will considering your sporting activities)
Your PCL is intact?

I have participated in 250+ of these procedures. Done them Open and arthroscopically.

ACL grafts are usually a 8-10mm strip taken from the Patella Tendon and uses 2 small pieces (8x10mm) compressed blocks of both the tibia and patella to anchor it in place with screws and or suture.
Sometime we can take a graft from the facia lata of the Quad, But they are not as good as a BTB ( bone, tendon, bone) graft IMO.
Or sometimes donor grafts are used, But generally this is if neither of the other 2 are available.

The menisectomy or meniscal work he will do is the easy part.

Just being honest with you too bro.. You will be quite uncomfortable post-operatively .. Stick with the rehab and follow the Docs instructions for post-op care.
Don't be ashamed to take some feel good meds either.. you will need them.

Keeping your range of motion after surgery is critical, you may be in a CPM ( Continuous Passive Motion ) machine in recovery room and a few days afterwards.
This minimizes range loss and keeps the blood flowing while your knee is snuggly ace wrapped to reduce swelling and hematoma formation..

People do well with this procedure and it should allow you to do resume full activity after a few months of easying into it.

you Snoozing or Spinal? ( these are cool procedures to watch for the patient , if done via scope and with a screen in place to see the action) But some people arent into seeing it all , and some docs prefer it one way or the other.. Gotta find a happy medium. )

Good luck.
God Bless.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or another post here if you want to ask something . I'll hook you as best I can :)

Led

They are taking a graft off of my hamstring to replace the ACL, the MCL is partially torn they think so they will probably leave it alone. They said it appeared that I had lots of tissue damage so they will be cleaning up and repairing whatever else is in there. I know highly technical terms. I'm off here in about 20min, talk to you all whenever I'm not too drugged up and can move to the computer.